Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from June 26 - July 2, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 8 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Bergen, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Passaic, and Union).
1) PHOTOS from Empanada Festival in Clifton - On Saturday, June 25th, the County of Passaic, Friends of Passaic County Parks, Inc, and MegaBite Events hosted another Food Truck Festival – this year’s theme was the Northern New Jersey Empanadas. The event took place at Weasel Brook Park in Clifton, New Jersey. It featured approximately 20 food trucks and vendors along with offerings of New Jersey craft beer, wine, hard seltzers and soft drinks as well. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
2) “I Love This!” Dark Star Orchestra LIVE! in Seaside Heights, NJ - It’s a gorgeous summer’s eve on the Seaside Heights, NJ, Boardwalk this Saturday, June 25, 2022, as music lovers line up for a concert on the beach by the world-renown Grateful Dead tribute band, Dark Star Orchestra. The group’s show this evening is the opening night event of a spectacular Seaside Heights Live series of summer concerts here at the shore.
3) Kim Seung Yeon Has Printmaking Solo Show Throughout July - (TENAFLY, NJ) -- Acc Gallery presents a printmaking solo exhibition by Kim Seung Yeon entitled, “Night Landscape, the mezzotint works series". The work is shown by appointment only from July 1-31, 2022. Please call 201-390-6275 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
4) Plays-in-the-Park returns for their 60th season to Middlesex County this summer with three popular Broadway musicals - (EDISON, NJ) -- Middlesex County’s Plays-in-the-Park is returning to the stage this summer, with performances of Something Rotten!, The SpongeBob Musical, and A Chorus Line at the Stephen J. Capestro Theatre in Edison, part of Plays-in-the-Park’s 60th season.
5) 7th Annual Roselle House Music Festival - (ROSELLE, NJ) -- Back after a two-year hiatus, it's the 7th Annual Roselle House Music Festival! The festival returns to historic Warinanco Park for a one-day family-friendly electronic dance music celebration of New Jersey's soulful homegrown brand of deep house music. Enjoy dance and food with their vendors. Join Mayor Donald Shaw, the Roselle Borough Council and the Roselle Department of Recreation for the 2022 Roselle House Music Festival on Saturday, July 9, 2022 live in beautiful Warinanco Park from 11:00am to 10:00pm. Co-sponsored by the Union County Board of County Commissioners.
6) 46th Newark Black Film Festival Preview - (NEWARK, NJ) -- The Newark Museum of Art continues its legacy to present films that heighten the historic importance of the Black experience in the United States with the 46th Newark Black Film Festival, which takes place July 12-17. The festival features twelve films and present six awards—Long Narrative Award, Short Narrative Award, Long Documentary Award, Short Documentary Award, Experimental Award, and Best Film Award.
7) NJ Native Country Artist Gary Frost Releases "Shutup Springsteen" - Yup, he said it! Many scenarios come to mind as to the meaning of the new video and single “Shutup Springsteen” by Monmouth County country music artist Gary Frost, but it’s not what you think...
8) Renault Winery and Resort Announces Independence Day Weekend Events - (EGG HARBOR, NJ) -- Renault Winery and Resort celebrates America's birthday with a two-day, all-day celebration this Saturday, July 2nd and Sunday, July 3rd. Music fans are invited to the first-ever Renault Winery 1st Annual Country Music Festival with two days of live music and bands, multiple stages, wine, food trucks, family fun and other surprises. Next, Renault presents the first-ever Red, Wine and Blue 5K Run and Red, Wine and Blue Kids' Run on Sunday morning, starting at 8:30am. On Sunday night, look to the skies above Renault for an Independence Day themed fireworks show, free with admission to the music festival, or $10 per car to watch from the Renault parking lot.
9) Carteret’s Annual Independence Day Festival To Take Place at Waterfront Park and Veterans Pier this Saturday - (CARTERET, NJ) -- Mayor Daniel J. Reiman will present Carteret’s annual Independence Day Festival at Waterfront Park and Veterans Pier, 200 Middlesex Ave, this Saturday, July 2nd from 4:00pm – 11:00pm. This is a rain or shine event.
10) Vanessa Wong Opening Wahine Wine Company and Fish & Whistle Market in Ventnor - (VENTNOR, NJ) -- In 2016, Vanessa Wong opened Fishtown Social, a natural wine shop and bar which has seen great success in an area of Philadelphia vast with growth and development. Now, she’s expanding on that success, and looking towards the Jersey Shore for her next two ventures.
11) Bergen County Players Announces 2022-2023 Season - (ORADELL, NJ) -- The Bergen County Players has announced their 2022-23 season. They will return full-time to the stage with an ambitious, joyous and playful year of audience-pleasing musicals and innovative plays for its 90th season. From delightful musicals to hilarious comedies to thought-provoking dramas, BCP has garnered a reputation for outstanding quality productions at affordable prices. As audiences have been anxiously anticipating the return to theater, the company is excited to kick off the season with the Tony Award-winning play, RAGTIME: The Musical.
12) Asbury Park Theater Company presents Green Day's "American Idiot" - (ASBURY PARK, NJ) -- The newly formed Asbury Park Theater Company (APTCo) will present Green Day’s American Idiot, the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical, as the company's debut production. Performances take place at the Kingsley Theater at The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel in Asbury Park over the first two weekends of July. The play is based on the Grammy Award-winning multi-platinum album, and boldly takes the American musical where it's never gone before. This high-octane show includes every song from Green Day's album, American Idiot, as well as several songs from its follow-up release, 21st Century Breakdown.
13) Paper Mill Playhouse Announces 2022-2023 Season - (MILLBURN, NJ) -- Paper Mill Playhouse has announced its 2022-2023 season, including a gripping murder mystery, a Disney hero of mythic proportions, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s beloved final musical, the Tony-nominated story of two Latin music icons, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical that defined a generation.
14) Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats come to Stone Pony Summer Stage on July 1st - (ASBURY PARK, NJ) -- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats come to the Stone Pony Summer Stage on July 1st at 6:30pm. The band is touring is in support of their third studio album, The Future, which was released on Stax Records.
15) Grunin Center Announces 2022-23 Season - (TOMS RIVER, NJ) -- The Jay and Linda Grunin Center for the Arts at Ocean County College has announced its new 2022-23 season, presenting a fantastic lineup of spectacular shows and special events. The new season is packed with music, family-friendly fun, award-winning drama, and exciting performances featuring artists from around the globe.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.