Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from September 11-17, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 6 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, and Somerset).
1) Haunt O'Ween NJ to take place at Bell Works - (HOLMDEL, NJ) /PRNewswire/ -- The Experiential Supply Co., an innovative experiential productions and attractions company that drives high profile viral destination experiences, and Fever, the global entertainment discovery platform, today announced their groundbreaking one-of-a-kind Halloween experience: Haunt O' Ween NJ will land in New Jersey this Halloween. The fully immersive spooktacular event will take place September 30th - October 31st, 2022 at Bell Works, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd. in Holmdel, New Jersey.
2) Carteret's 45th Annual Ethnic Day, Music Festival, and Charity Carnival Returns This Week - (CARTERET, NJ) -- Mayor Daniel J. Reiman’s Carteret Charity Carnival returns to Carteret Park from Wednesday, September 14th through Sunday, September 18th featuring rides, games, live music, local vendors, and traditional Carnival fare. Proceeds will benefit the Children’s Charity Trust Fund, a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization, established to provide Carteret residents with a monetary resource for education, athletics, and health among many other charitable causes.
3) Black Veterans call-out National Museum of African American History for its indifference toward Military History - (WASHINGTON, DC) -- Black Veteran Leaders and representatives will meet at the National Museum of African American History in Washington DC, on September 30, 2022 at 11:00am. The leaders will call on the National Museum to explain its decision to deny the Coalition of Black Veterans request to erect a statue of the legendary Buffalo Soldier Brigadier General Charles Young on the public Museum grounds. We believe the property is the proper location for historical reasons. It is a sad commentary that we must fight for equal recognition as Black Veterans in a facility that was initially requested to be established by Black Veterans.
4) City of Newark reopens JFK Recreation Center - (NEWARK, NJ) -- On September 12, 2022, the City of Newark reopened JFK Recreation Center, after it received its first renovation since the 1980s. The center is located at 211 West Kinney Street in the city's Central Ward, with the entrance on Howard Street.
5) Don't Miss Little Satchmo at the Fall 2022 New Jersey Film Festival - Little Satchmo, written and directed by John Alexander, is a captivating documentary that tells the story of Sharon Louise Preston-Folta, Louis Armstrong’s estranged daughter. The documentary is narrated by Preston-Folta and adapted from her memoir, Little Satchmo; Living in the Shadow Of My Father, Louis Daniel Armstrong.
6) Roxy Music Rocks NYC One Last Time - Roxy Music began its 50th Anniversary tour last week in Toronto and Washington, DC. Last night (September 12), their third show was at Madison Square Garden in New York City. I have seen Roxy and Bryan Ferry quite a few times since my first show in Paris, France back in 1979 but I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss this tour as it may very well be their last. The core band was reunited with guitarist Phil Manzanera, woodwinds/sax player Andy Mackay and drummer Paul Thompson back together again since their 2011 tour. The set list included songs from all of their eight studio albums with most coming from their big hit Avalon including the title track, The Main Thing, More Than This, and others. Surprisingly they performed a number of tunes from For Your Pleasure including In Every Dream Home a Heartache, Do The Strand, Editions of You and The Bogus Man.
7) Power 105.1 presents Powerhouse at Prudential Center - (NEWARK, NJ)-- iHeartMedia New York’s Power 105.1, Home of The Breakfast Club and Angie Martinez, New York's Hip Hop and R&B, announced the star-studded lineup for its annual live music event, Powerhouse produced by Live Nation. The event will take place on Saturday, October 29 at 6:30pm at Prudential Center in Newark.
8) NJPAC presents Morrissey - (NEWARK,NJ) -- New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) presents British singer-songwriter Morrissey on Thursday, December 1 at 8:00pm. Morrissey was the singer and lyricist of The Smiths for 6 years and has been a successful solo artist for the past 35 years.
9) Horror movie filmed in Somerset County Premieres on Amazon Prime - (BEDMINSTER, NJ) -- The upcoming thriller Goodnight Mommy with Naomi Watts was filmed entirely at a house in Bedminster. The movie, a remake of the 2014 Austrian movie of the same name, follows twin brothers who arrive at their mother’s country home and begin to suspect that something isn’t right. This Animal Kingdom production is directed by Matt Sobel and written by Kyle Warren. Joshua Astrachan, Nicolas Brigaud-Robert, V.J. Guibal, and David Kaplan serve as producers with Watts as executive producer. The movie will be released September 16th on Amazon Prime.
10) Badabing! The New Jersey Poetry Renaissance is Here - All across New Jersey, poetry readings are happening everywhere from coffee shops, bars, record stores, CBD lounges, and parks. Damian Rucci, Chris Rockwell, Cord Moreski, Ras Heru, Don Krypton & others are hosting numerous packed poetry events. Centered in Monmouth County, these poetry shows are occuring from Newark all the way down to Tuckerton. These aren’t the poetry readings of yesterday, they are entertaining, brash, and profoundly young and working class.
11) Talking with Robin Wilson: Blossoming to Smithereens - Longtime Gin Blossoms front man Robin Wilson has a fun side project as the part-time lead singer of the Carteret-originated New Jersey Hall of Fame act The Smithereens, a role he shares with his good friend and ‘Til I Hear from You’ collaborator Marshall Crenshaw. Given Robin’s connection to Carteret via The Smithereens, it’s fitting that Gin Blossoms also will play such other great hits as “Hey Jealousy,” “Follow You Down,” and “Found Out About You,” at the borough’s Ethnic Day on Sept. 17 in Carteret Park.
12) Harry Styles To Play 15 Shows at Madison Square Garden - (NEW YORK, NY) -- On May 27, international superstar Harry Styles announced that he has sold out all 42 dates of his massive Love On Tour 2022 in support of his new album Harry’s House. This includes the additional 5 New York and 5 Los Angeles dates that were just recently announced. Coming off two special One Night Only shows in New York and London, the 2022 tour will allow fans to have access to multiple nights in each major city turning iconic venues into Harry’s House for the run of shows.
13) Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena presents Adam Sandler - (ATLANTIC CITY, NJ) -- Adam Sandler will be bringing his unique brand of comedy and song to Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena on Friday, October 28. A successful actor, writer, producer, and musician, Sandler has also performed on stage to live audiences on a sold-out tour across the U.S. and Canada.
14) 2022 Morristown Jazz & Blues Festival - (MORRISTOWN, NJ) -- The annual Morristown Jazz & Blues Festival will be held on the Green on Saturday, September 17, from noon until 10:00pm. The lineup includes James Langton's New York All-Star Big Band featuring Dan Levinson; Frank Vignola's Guitar Night at Birdland Band; Bria Skonberg Quintet; Veronica Lewis; and Walter Trout.
15) John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band LIVE! in Somers Point, NJ - From the swing era through the early 1980s, the Tony Mart Café in Somers Point, NJ was a premier destination for experiencing live music performed by such legendary artists as Bill Haley and his Comets, Del Shannon, Joey Dee and the Starliters, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, and many more. The fictional band, Eddie and the Cruisers, can even be seen performing on the club’s hallowed stage in the 1983 MGM motion picture which was filmed on location at the fabled Jersey Shore music venue.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.