Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of June 12-18, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. The latest Top Ten includes articles covering eight counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Camden, Cumberland, Essex, Hudson, Mercer, Middlesex, and Union).
1) The Surati Holi Hai Walk and Color Festival Comes to Jersey City and Hoboken - The tri-state areas biggest color festival The Surati Holi Hai Walk and Color Festival is happening in Jersey City and in Hoboken on Saturday June 18th, 2022. Get ready for a fun end of Spring day with award-winning nonprofit Surati For Performing Arts based here in Jersey City as they present the kick-off celebrations and Hudson River Color Walk along the waterfront in Jersey City and Holi Hai - Festival of Colors in Hoboken.
2) 7th Annual Roselle House Music Festival - (ROSELLE, NJ) -- Back after a two-year hiatus, it's the 7th Annual Roselle House Music Festival! The festival returns to historic Warinanco Park for a one-day family-friendly electronic dance music celebration of New Jersey's soulful homegrown brand of deep house music. Enjoy dance and food with their vendors. Join Mayor Donald Shaw, the Roselle Borough Council and the Roselle Department of Recreation for the 2022 Roselle House Music Festival on Saturday, July 9, 2022 live in beautiful Warinanco Park from 11:00am to 10:00pm. Co-sponsored by the Union County Board of County Commissioners.
3) Paula Abreu Named New Director of Special Programming at McCarter - (PRINCETON, NJ) -- Following the previously announced decision by Bill Lockwood to step down from the role of Special Programming Director earlier this year, McCarter welcomes Paula Abreu who will begin to work with the theater’s Artistic team this summer, joining the company full-time in September 2022.
4) Mayor Reiman Helps Central Jersey Medical Center Break Ground at New Carteret Satellite Facility - (CARTERET, NJ) -- Mayor Daniel J. Reiman joined with Central Jersey Medical Center (formerly Jewish Renaissance Medical Center) CEO Jack O’Leary on June 14, 2022 to break ground at the site of the non-profit healthcare provider’s future satellite facility in Carteret at 1540 Roosevelt Avenue.
5) Mayor Baraka Launches NewarkHousingSearch.com To Enable People To Find Affordable Housing In Newark - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Solving a major difficulty for people seeking affordable housing in Newark, Mayor Ras J. Baraka launched a housing locator site, NewarkHousingSearch.com on June 16, which enables prospective tenants to find affordable housing in the City of Newark, completely free of charge through detailed listings. The site offers users the ability to search listings along a variety of potential details including photographs, size and type of bedrooms, rental costs, eligibility requirements, special needs, neighborhood, ward, seniors only, distance from public transportation, on-site amenities, neighborhood services such as hospitals and schools and other useful information. Property listings are shown on a map as well as by address.
6) Soul Legends The O'Jays and Gladys Knight Come to the Hulu Theater - (NEW YORK, NY) -- SJ Presents brings R&B legends The O’Jays to New York City for one last tour, Last Stop On The Love Train with special guest, the empress of soul Gladys Knight, to the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. The O’Jays and Gladys Knight will perform their timeless hits on Friday, August 12 at 7:00pm.
7) 2022 New Jersey International Film Festival Winners Announced! - All the works that were part of the 2022 New Jersey International Film Festival Competition were selected by a panel of judges including media professionals, journalists, students, and academics. These judges selected the 29 finalists which were publicly screened at our Festival. The finalists were selected from 667 works submitted by filmmakers from around the world. In addition, the judges chose the Prize Winners in conjunction with the Festival Director.
8) Plays-in-the-Park returns for their 60th season to Middlesex County this summer with three popular Broadway musicals - (EDISON, NJ) -- Middlesex County’s Plays-in-the-Park is returning to the stage this summer, with performances of Something Rotten!, The SpongeBob Musical, and A Chorus Line at the Stephen J. Capestro Theatre in Edison, part of Plays-in-the-Park’s 60th season.
9) New Brunswick 2022 Juneteenth Commemoration & Celebration Week - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- From June 15-19, 2022, the City of New Brunswick, NJ will celebrate the 157th Anniversary of Juneteenth—a day that commemorates the end of slavery throughout the United States. The Juneteenth Planning Coalition brings together a wide variety of community groups for an exciting series of events to make this year's Juneteenth celebration one of the most outstanding and impactful activities of 2022. Juneteenth achieved federal recognition on the 17th of June 2021, when President Biden signed the Juneteenth National Independence Day Act, establishing the 19th of June as a federal holiday to commemorate the end of slavery in the United States.
10) Mayor Baraka, Shaquille O'Neal, Governor Murphy, Hold Ceremony for Transformative Newark Residential Tower - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Newark Mayor Ras J. Baraka, Governor Phil Murphy, and partners Shaquille O’Neal and Boraie Development held the topping-off ceremony for 777 McCarter today at 2:00 p.m. The ceremony took place on Edison Place between McCarter Highway and Mulberry Street in Newark. Built under Newark’s Inclusionary Zoning, with 20 percent of the 370 apartments affordable, this is the largest 80/20 mixed income project in New Jersey. Informally called “Shaq Tower 2,” a penthouse apartment in 777 McCarter will become the home of the NBA Hall of Famer.
11) Paper Mill Playhouse Announces 2022-2023 Season - (MILLBURN, NJ) -- Paper Mill Playhouse has announced its 2022-2023 season, including a gripping murder mystery, a Disney hero of mythic proportions, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s beloved final musical, the Tony-nominated story of two Latin music icons, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical that defined a generation.
12) "A Sense of Community" The East Coast Music Hall of Fame's Second Annual Awards Gala - Melodies of the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s fill the air this Tuesday, June 7, 2022 evening as artists and fans gather together to celebrate the East Coast Music Hall of Fame’s Second Annual Awards Gala at Harrah’s Resort and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ.
13) South Camden Theatre Company presents Comedy Night - (CAMDEN, NJ) -- South Camden Theatre Company will present another evening of laugh-out-loud stand-up comedy at the Waterfront South Theatre on Friday, June 24th at 8:00pm. They will provide the laughs, the drinks, and the food. Make sure to arrive by 7:30pm when the doors open to grab free snacks, and purchase Tonewood beer or glass of Moore Brother's wine. Mary Radzinski headlines the night which includes LaTice Mitchell and Mel Harris. Tickets for the event are $20.
14) Vineland Hosts 4th Annual Running The Ave 5K - (VINELAND, NJ) -- Downtown Vineland will again be “off and running” on Sunday, June 26, for the fourth annual Running The Ave 5K, to take place rain or shine, starting at 9:00am, on Landis Avenue. Organized by Main Street Vineland, in cooperation with Second Capital Running and with major sponsorship by Premiere Orthopaedic Associates, this event, Cumberland County’s premier road race, will be a fully-sanctioned race.
15) Rivals come to The Litterbox in Elizabeth - (ELIZABETH, NJ) -- After a successful spring run, pop/rock number RIVALS is hitting the road again. This time accompanied by You, Me, And Everyone We Know and Josh Lambert. The Dangerous tour is named after RIVALS’ intense upcoming single, “Dangerous,” which hits all streaming platforms July 13th. The tour comes to The Litterbox in Elizabeth, NJ on August 3rd.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.