Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week October 3-9, 2021. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's Top 10 includes articles involving 5 counties in New Jersey (Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Morris, and Passaic).
1) Jersey City hosts Bacon & Beer Festival on Saturday - (JERSEY CITY, NJ) -- On Saturday, October 9th, the pavement at The Lot @ 107 Morgan Street in Jersey City will be lined with local breweries, gourmet bacon dishes, and flavorful Hormel® Black Label® bacon strips. It's the Bacon & Beer Festival and it runs from 11:00am to 5:30pm. A portion of proceeds from all Bacon & Beer events are donated to Forage Forward, a national organization dedicated to supporting local and national non-profit organizations, with a specific focus on social justice, food banks, food sustainability and food education.
2) 2021 Passaic County Restaurant Week Slated for October 11-17 - (PASSAIC COUNTY, NJ) -- The County of Passaic, along with the support of restauranteurs, will be presenting 2021 Restaurant Week from Monday, October 11 – Sunday, October 17. In collaboration with local restaurants and dining venues, the County is presenting a catalog of limited-time, prix fixe menus for lunch and dinner.
3) The 2021 Grand Harvest Wine Festival Takes Place October 9-10 In Morristown - (MORRISTOWN, NJ) -- The 2021 Grand Harvest Wine Festival will take place October 9-10 at Fosterfields Living Historical Farm from noon to 5:00pm each day. There will be wine sampling from 11 wineries, live entertainment, food vendors, and artisan crafters to check out. Live music will be provided by The Uptown Getdowns on October 9 and Funktion Band on October 10.
4) 5th Annual Paws in the Park Takes Place On Saturday in Hawthorne - (HAWTHORNE, NJ) -- The Passaic County Board of County Commissioners, Passaic County Sheriff’s Office and Passaic County Paws, Inc. will be hosting the county’s 5th Annual Paws in the Park on Saturday, October 9th from 10:00am - 4:00pm at Goffle Brook Park in Hawthorne.
5) Taste of Cape May Kitchen Tour On October 16 will inspire avid home chefs - (CAPE MAY, NJ) -- See where family chefs perfect their homemade dishes inside six of Cape May’s magnificent homes during the Taste of Cape May Kitchen Tour Saturday, October 16 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. These elaborately designed kitchens will dazzle, amaze and inspire you. The tour also includes a delicious tasting at each location provided by KARA Catering and Cape Island Foods and a wine tasting with Cape May Winery at the Emlen Physick Estate, 1048 Washington St. Admission is $30 and tickets may be purchased online at capemaymac.org or by calling 609-884-5404. Tickets are limited.
6) Bruce Springsteen To Interview Stevie Van Zandt In Online Event September 28 - On Tuesday, September 28 at 8:00pm ET, in a Premiere Unison Event, for the first time ever, Bruce Springsteen will be interviewing his longtime friend and bandmate Stevie Van Zandt in celebration of his new book, Unrequited Infatuations. Fans will have the opportunity to submit questions and copies of the book will be signed by Stevie.
7) MPAC Releases “You Will Be Found” Video To Spread A Message Of Hope - (MORRISTOWN, NJ) -- The MPAC Performing Arts Company has released a video of the group singing “You Will Be Found” from the Broadway show Dear Evan Hansen remotely from their homes. It was directed by Cathy Roy, MPAC Director of Education. Musical Director is Darius Frowner. The video was edited by Dayna Grayber.
8) USA Network's "America’s Big Deal" to Debut at Newark Symphony Hall on October 14th - (NEWARK, NJ) -- The New Jersey Motion Picture and Television Commission announced that Newark Symphony Hall (NSH) will be the location for USA Network’s new television show, “America’s Big Deal.” On Thursdays at 9:00pm beginning October 14, the groundbreaking shoppable competition series will broadcast live from the City of Newark’s historic performing arts venue. From famed inventor Joy Mangano, who inspired the 2015 movie “Joy” starring Jennifer Lawrence, “America’s Big Deal” will feature entrepreneurs hailing from across the country, selling their ready-made products to live home viewers through One Platform Commerce @ NBCU.
9) The Greater Ocean City Theatre Company Presents Beehive - The '60s Musical - (OCEAN CITY, NJ) -- The Greater Ocean City Theatre Company Presents Beehive - The '60s Musical at the Ocean City Music Pier. The production runs across two weekends (October 8-9 and October 15-17). This is a wild toe-tapping, head shakin' musical tribute to the rockin' women who made the music of the era so special – everyone from Lesley Gore to Janis Joplin, from the Shirelles to the Supremes, Aretha Franklin to Tina Turner, and every woman in between!
10) Inktober 2021 Community Art Project Returns to Maplewood this October - (MAPLEWOOD, NJ) -- All through October, the walls of 1978 Art Center will be open for our community to join the worldwide Inktober® phenomenon.
As you can see by this list, event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which start at just $50 for an entire month