Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from November 6-12, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 7 counties in New Jersey (Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, and Union).
1) "100% Perfection!" Celebrating David Bowie LIVE! at UCPAC - The crowd inside Rahway, NJ’s historic UCPAC auditorium this Thursday, October 27, 2022 evening patiently awaits the start of CdB, the 2022 edition of the Celebrating David Bowie tribute concert starring Todd Rundgren and Adrian Belew.
2) In The Court of the Crimson King: King Crimson at 50: A Fan’s Review - I have been a huge fan of the progressive rock band King Crimson for over 45 years and I have seen them over 10 times since 1981. The film In The Court of the Crimson King: King Crimson at 50 got glowing reviews after it premiered at the South By Southwest Festival back in March. So, when the film had its worldwide theatrical and stream release on October 22, I was ready to check it out.
3) PHOTOS from "A Christmas Story" at Music Mountain Theatre - (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) -- Music Mountain Theatre is presenting the Holiday classic, A Christmas Story, The Musical weekends until November 20th. Set in the 1940s in the fictional town of Hohman, Indiana, the musical follows 9-year-old Ralphie Parker and his quest for the Holy Grail of Christmas gifts—an Official Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot Range Model air rifle. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
4) Joe Gorga Returns to Red Bank Friday to Celebrate Release of First Comedy Special - Reality TV star Joe Gorga returns to the Jersey Shore for a one-night only live show on on Friday, November 11th to celebrate the premiere of his new comedy special “The Amusing World of Joe Gorga.” Following the show, comedian and ultimate Housewives fan Michael Rapaport will host a live and uncensored Q&A with Joe and Melissa Gorga.
5) CDC Theatre presents"Elf the Musical" - (CRANFORD, NJ) -- CDC Theatre presents Elf the Musical weekends from December 9-18. Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity.
6) MPAC Presents An Intimate Evening with David Foster and Katharine McPhee - (MORRISTOWN, NJ) -- Sixteen-time Grammy award-winning musician, songwriter and producer David Foster and acclaimed singer, television and Broadway star Katharine McPhee perform An Intimate Evening with David Foster and Katharine McPhee, a concert packed with David’s hits from Chicago, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Josh Groban, Michael Buble and more, and Kat’s biggest songs from American Idol, Smash and Waitress. An Intimate Evening with David Foster and Katharine McPhee comes to Mayo Performing Arts Center (MPAC) on Friday, December 2 at 8:00pm. Tickets are $85-$150 (limited tickets remain).
7) PHOTOS from "The Fantasticks" at Bridge Players Theatre Company - (BURLINGTON CITY, NJ) -- Bridge Players Theatre Company is currently presenting their first full-length, in-person production since 2020! The beloved musical The Fantasticks has four performances from Thursday, November 10-13 at the Lyceum Hall Center for the Arts in Burlington. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
8) 'Escape from Reality:' Mixed Media Collages at Plainsboro Library Art Gallery - (PLAINSBORO, NJ) -- Artist Nancie Gunkelman describes the work she did during the pandemic as “bingeing on collage.” Starting November 5, the gallery at Plainsboro Public Library will exhibit 13 of her colorful mixed media collages in a show called “Escape from Reality.” The exhibition will run through December 24.
9) Monmouth University presents "Fun Home" - (WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ) -- Monmouth University's Department of Music and Theatre Arts presents Fun Home from November 11-20. Adapted from Alison Bechdel’s groundbreaking graphic novel, Fun Home is a refreshingly honest, wholly original musical about seeing your parents through grown-up eyes. In an effort to make the show accessible to as wide an audience as possible, they have decided to make the show free to the public.
10) George Street Playhouse Announces Cast for "Joy the Musical" - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- George Street Playhouse has announced the full cast as first rehearsals kick-off today for the world premiere production Joy the Musical starring Erika Henningsen at New Brunswick Performing Arts Center. The musical is based on the life of Joy Mangano and her book Inventing Joy: Dare to Build a Brave and Creative Life. Performances begin December 7th and continue through December 30th. Tickets are now on sale.
11) UCC 'Friendsgiving' To Bring Turkeys, Mental Health Resources To Hundreds of Newarkers - (NEWARK, NJ) -- United Community Corporation wants to ensure that no Newarker goes hungry this holiday season, a time of year when many families face obstacles in putting a meal on their table.
12) Monmouth County Park System to Host Fall Craft Show at Fort Monmouth Recreation Center - (TINTON FALLS, NJ) -- On Saturday, November 12 from 9:00am to 2:00pm, the Monmouth County Park System will host its Fall Craft Show at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center, Tinton Falls. This seasonal craft show features the work of local artists and crafters.
13) The New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs named Outstanding Community Organization - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- The New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs (NJFSWC) has been named the “Outstanding Community Organization” by the New Jersey chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP NJ) at their 2022 Excellence in Philanthropy Awards. Since 1981, AFP NJ’s Excellence in Philanthropy Awards have recognized the achievements of some of the most notable citizens and organizations in the state who have dedicated their efforts toward making New Jersey a better place.
14) State Theatre New Jersey Announces Four Holiday Shows and Christmas in July Sale - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- State Theatre New Jersey, fully renovated in 2021, announces a special Christmas in July Sale from Friday, July 22 through Sunday, July 31. During the State Theatre’s Christmas in July Sale, tickets for just added holiday shows are 20% off with promo code JOLLY20. Tickets can be purchased online with the promo code or when calling Guest Services at 732-246-SHOW(7469).
15) State Theatre and Metropolitan Entertainment present Celebrate the Season with Patti LaBelle - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- State Theatre New Jersey and Metropolitan Entertainment present Celebrate the Season with Patti LaBelle on Thursday, December 1 at 8:00pm. The Grammy® Award-winning songstress will be performing holiday classics and her hit songs. Tickets range from $49-$209.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.