Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of June 5-11, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. The latest Top Ten includes articles covering five counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Cumberland, Essex, Middlesex, and Somerset) with three original features.
1) Newark Museum of Art presents Outdoor Festival for Juneteenth - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Juneteenth at the Newark Museum of Art (NMOA) will be an outdoor festival inspired by Harriet Tubman featuring performers, artists, and dancers from the Black community across New Jersey. This event is for all ages. In case of rain, the event will move indoors. It takes place from noon to 5:00pm on Saturday, June 18th.
2) Rock On! This Week's Sound Bites...6/9/22 - "We did and It's called The Front Porch Singin' Tour which is named after our latest album which is called "Front Porch Singin'" and it's interesting to note that it's not singing with a "G" on the end; It's "Singin'," explained legendary vocalist and member of The Oak Ridge Boys, Richard Sterban as he talked about their recent album and upcoming tour which makes a stop in Bensalem, PA on June 11 at Parx Casino.
3) Bendix: Sight Unseen screens at the 2022 New Jersey International Film Festival on June 11! - Bendix: Sight Unseen, a documentary by Anthony Scalia, will be shown at the 2022 New Jersey International Film Festival on Saturday, June 11th, 2022 in person at 5 pm and online for 24 hours as part of Shorts Program #3.
4) 30th Cruise Down Memory Lane in Vineland To Take Place June 11th - (VINELAND, NJ) -- Millions of dollars’ worth of vintage and exotic cars will again line Landis Avenue as Cruise Down Memory Lane returns to downtown Vineland—The Ave—on Saturday, June 11 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. The rain date will be Sunday, June 12, at the same time. This event attracts over 1,000 American cars—over one mile of cars—and is open to street rods, muscle cars, stock or custom classics, rat rods, and cruisers.
5) Earthquake's Father's Day Comedy Show Comes to Brooklyn and Newark - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Back by popular demand, comedy sensation Earthquake returns with his Father’s Day Comedy Show! This year’s line-up features guest stars Donnell Rawlings, Bill Bellamy and Jessica “Jess Hilarious” Moore that will ignite the stage at King’s Theatre in Brooklyn with their laughter on Saturday, June 18 at 7:00pm and at New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in Newark on Sunday, June 19 at 7:00pmpm.
6) Orange Loop Rock Festival To Take Place June 10-12 In Atlantic City - (ATLANTIC CITY, NJ) -- LincStar Events is amped to present the lineup for the Orange Loop Rock Festival taking place June 10-12 at the Showboat Festival Grounds outside the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The weekend-long celebration of rock music and hair metal will feature iconic acts such as Stone Temple Pilots, Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd, Hoobastank, Hinder, John 5 and the Creatures, Stephen Pearcy, Great White, Doro, and more.
7) Paper Mill Playhouse Announces 2022-2023 Season - (MILLBURN, NJ) -- Paper Mill Playhouse has announced its 2022-2023 season, including a gripping murder mystery, a Disney hero of mythic proportions, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s beloved final musical, the Tony-nominated story of two Latin music icons, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical that defined a generation.
8) Central NJ’s Only Black History Museum to Hold Juneteenth Celebration - (SKILLMAN, NJ) -- The Stoutsburg Sourland African American Museum (SSAAM), central New Jersey’s only Black history museum, will hold its first Juneteenth celebration on Saturday, June 18, from 11:00am to 3:00pm. This family-friendly event, “Freedom Forward,” will feature live music from The Jonathan Ware Quartet, food from Trenton BBQ restaurant “The Big Easy,” artist talks, theatrical performances, activities for kids, and inspiring community speakers and leaders celebrating African American resilience and freedom. It will take place at the National Historic Register-listed Mt. Zion AME Church in Skillman and the adjacent True Farmstead, a historic African American-owned property recently purchased by SSAAM and the Sourland Conservancy. This celebration marks the first time visitors will be welcomed back to the museum’s home in-person since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.
9) An Interview with ‘The Geator with the Heater,’ Jerry Blavat - Jerry Blavat — aka ‘The Geator with the Heater’ and ‘The Boss with the Hot Sauce’ — is a disc jockey, actor, and entertainer who’s had a major influence on the music industry. Born in Philadelphia, Blavat gained fame as a teen when he appeared as a regular on WFIL-TV’s Bandstand. After hosting live dances in the Philly/South Jersey area, he started his own radio show, created the Lost Nite and Crimson record labels, and appeared in films and on television. In 1998, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His 2011 memoir is entitled You Only Rock Once.
10) Plays-in-the-Park returns for their 60th season to Middlesex County this summer with three popular Broadway musicals - (EDISON, NJ) -- Middlesex County’s Plays-in-the-Park is returning to the stage this summer, with performances of Something Rotten!, The SpongeBob Musical, and A Chorus Line at the Stephen J. Capestro Theatre in Edison, part of Plays-in-the-Park’s 60th season.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.