Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from March 12-18, 2023. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 7 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Bergen, Essex, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Sussex).
1) Poetic Film Exposed to Each Other screens at the 2023 New Jersey Film Festival on Saturday, January 28! - Exposed to Each Other is a film by Mersolis Schone and comes to us from Vienna, Austria. This short film is based on a poetic text collage by Marion Steinfellner that brings together a multicultural and multilingual collection of Indian, Japanese, German and Austrian texts by Yuko Kaseki, Savita Rani, Mersolis Schone and Marion Steinfellner. Presented as a kind of film poem, the common thread of these texts is touch and touching which are presented as journeys and how interpersonal, intercultural encounters connect us to each other across the world. This is the fundamental question at the heart of Exposed to Each Other - How are we connected to each other? - and each scene propels us further on a multi-faceted journey exploring this idea.
2) Top 15 Most Read Stories at New Jersey Stage from March 5-11, 2023 - Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from March 5-11, 2023. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 6 counties in New Jersey (Bergen, Essex, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Sussex).
3) Bill Spadea to Host New Streaming TV Show at On New Jersey - (FAIRFIELD, NJ) -- Bill Spadea is bringing his popular talk and analysis to New Jersey's streaming TV channel, On New Jersey. Common Ground with Bill Spadea will air live every Thursday at 4:30pm at OnNJ.com.
4) REVIEW: "Disney's Hercules" at Paper Mill Playhouse - There’s a fine line with Disney’s adaptations of its animated musicals to the stage. Of the cannon, only “Lion King” has successfully fully made the leap from two dimensional. Paper Mill Playhouse and Disney’s stab at updating the big screen version of “Hercules” has wonderful elements, many strong performances, a solid book, but feels under baked in battle for audience dollars. There's clear appeal for families, especially boys which is admirable.
5) North to Shore Festival: Too Big For One City or One Weekend, The Festival Only New Jersey Could Create - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Governor Phil Murphy and First Lady Tammy Murphy took the stage at NJPAC’s Prudential Hall on March 13th alongside NJPAC President and CEO John Schreiber, Newark Mayor Ras J. Baraka, Asbury Park Mayor John Moor, and Atlantic City Mayor Marty Small to announce the North to Shore Festival, an extraordinary three-city celebration of arts and technology kicking off on June 7.
6) The Visual and Performing Arts Department at Teaneck High School presents "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" - (TEANECK, NJ) -- The Visual and Performing Arts Department at Teaneck High School (THS) will present the Broadway musical, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, at the Helen B. Hill Auditorium at Teaneck High (100 Elizabeth Avenue). The musical has performances Friday, March 24th and Saturday, March 25th at 8:00pm, and Sunday March 26th at 3:00pm. The show is produced by special arrangement with Concord Theatricals.
7) PHOTOS from "Oliver" at Music Mountain Theatre - (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) -- Music Mountain Theatre is presenting Oliver, the award-winning musical adaptation of the classic Dickens novel, weekends through April 9. This musical features some of the most memorable characters and songs ever to grace the stage. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
8) McDonald's Gospelfest returns to Prudential Center on May 13th - (NEWARK, NJ) -- The Annual McDonald's Gospelfest returns to Prudential Center on Mother's Day Weekend Saturday, May 13, 2023, for the biggest and best gospel event of the year. This year's event will celebrate the 40th Year Anniversary of McDonald's Gospelfest. Live performances to help celebrate the anniversary are Hezekiah Walker and Love Fellowship Choir, the Legendary Clark Sisters and so many more!
9) Ocean Casino Resort to Celebrate 5th Birthday with over $5 Million in Giveaways and Promotions - (ATLANTIC CITY, NJ) /PRNewswire/ -- Ocean Casino Resort will be partying all summer long as it celebrates its 5th Birthday with over $5 million in giveaways and promotions. The celebration begins Memorial Day Weekend and runs through Labor Day, 2023.
10) Garden State Film Festival Returns March 23-26 - (ASBURY PARK, NJ) -- New Jersey's Premier Independent Film Festival®, the Garden State Film Festival (GSFF) is celebrating its 21st Anniversary of paying tribute to New Jersey’s legacy as the birthplace of the American filmmaking industry. The artistic philosophy of the Garden State Film Festival is rooted in the celebration of the independent film genre and celebrates this spirit through dramatic screenings and unparalleled film collaborations attracting a diverse audience from around the world. From Thursday, March 23 until Sunday, March 26, 2023 in Cranford and Asbury Park, New Jersey, GSFF unveils world premieres, Hollywood stars, industry panels, and as a nonprofit enterprise, serves as an added economic engine for New Jersey’s vitality through art, commerce, and culture.
11) DJ Cassidy to Kick Off "Pass The Mic" tour at Prudential Center - (NEWARK, NJ) -- DJ Cassidy will take his highly lauded primetime television series "Pass The Mic" on tour in 2023 in partnership with Black Promoters Collective. "DJ Cassidy's Pass the Mic Live!" Tour kicks off on Friday, May 12th at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, with an epic lineup including Ashanti, Fabolous, Ja Rule, Lil Kim, Ma$e, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke, 112, and a slew of exciting surprise guests. The debut show, brought to you by SJ Presents' "Mother's Day Good Music Festival," will be the first in a series of one-night-only events taking place throughout the year, each with its own unique roster of superstar performers.
12) Jax releases "Cinderella Snapped" - Multi-talented singer-songwriter Jax makes her explosive return with new single “Cinderella Snapped” – available now via Atlantic Records. Far from a fairytale, the track serves as a resilient anthem (akin to her global smash hit “Victoria’s Secret”) against the societal norms forced upon us.
13) The Newton Theatre presents The Sixties Show - (NEWTON, NJ) -- The Newton Theatre presents The Sixties Show on Friday, October 13, 2023 at 8:00pm. The Sixties Show is from NYC and is The Greatest 1960’s Musical Re-Creation Show on Earth. Featuring former members of bands of The Who, John Fogerty from Creedence Clearwater Revival.
14) NJPAC presents Riverdance with 25th Anniversary Shows - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show is Riverdance, as you’ve never seen it before comes to New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in Newark for five extraordinary performances, Friday, March 10, 2023 at 8:00pm; Saturday, March 11, 2023 at 3:00pm & 8:00pm; and Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 2:pm & 7:00pm.
15) Rock On! This Week's Sound Bites...3/16/23 - “Getting ready to get back on the road, it’s an East Coast swing," said an elated Rick Estrin as he and The Nightcats prepare to come to the Zlock Performing Arts Center in Newtown, PA for a 7:30 p.m. show on April 7. "What we've been doing the last two or three years is, we'll get something in Europe and so then we'll put together a little East Coast tour to go along with that. So, we're doing Manhattan and the Bucks County thing and a couple of dates in New England and then we're flying to I think Holland; it's only a couple of dates in Holland and it's a makeup for the Moulin Blues Festival in Holland; it's a makeup date leftover from before the pandemic."
15) Count Basie Center for the Arts presents New Found Glory: Make the Most of It Acoustic Tour 2023 - (RED BANK, NJ) -- Count Basie Center for the Arts presents New Found Glory: Make the Most of It Acoustic Tour 2023 on Friday, March 17th at 8:30pm. Tickets range from $25-$39. Doors are at 7:30pm.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar. Or you have your events listed in the calendar for $10 per event.