Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from September 25 - October 1, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 6 counties in New Jersey (Bergen, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Passaic).
1) Haunt O'Ween NJ to take place at Bell Works - (HOLMDEL, NJ) /PRNewswire/ -- The Experiential Supply Co., an innovative experiential productions and attractions company that drives high profile viral destination experiences, and Fever, the global entertainment discovery platform, today announced their groundbreaking one-of-a-kind Halloween experience: Haunt O' Ween NJ will land in New Jersey this Halloween. The fully immersive spooktacular event will take place September 30th - October 31st, 2022 at Bell Works, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd. in Holmdel, New Jersey.
2) FLIP Circus comes to Freehold Raceway Mall - (FREEHOLD, NJ) -- FLIP Circus, which thrilled audiences in Paramus and Edison earlier this year, will make one final New Jersey stop when it brings its high-energy show to Freehold Raceway Mall from October 13-17. This entirely new family entertainment experience created by the Vazquez family celebrates the great American circus tradition.
3) Punk In Drublic Craft Beer & Music Festival Announces Fall Dates - (ASBURY PARK, NJ) -- Brew Ha Ha Productions has announced fall event dates for Punk In Drublic Craft Beer & Music Festival, featuring the best in punk rock music and craft beer, with all shows featuring a lineup of punk rock icons, headlined by NOFX. The fall festival series includes Saturday, September 24 in Worcester, MA, Saturday, October 1 in Baltimore, MD, and Sunday, October 2 in Asbury Park, NJ as the final event of the season for the Stone Pony Summer Stage.
4) Bros, The Greatest Beer Run in History, and Smile - All Filmed In Jersey - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Friday, September 30th is New Jersey day at the movies as three feature films shot in the state will all be released on that date. A vast array of New Jersey towns can be seen in Bros, The Greatest Beer Run Ever, and Smile, showcasing the Garden State’s extraordinarily diverse landscape and locations. These motion pictures are among the dozens of major productions filmed in New Jersey recently, featuring some of the entertainment industry’s most celebrated performers.
5) The Hauntings of New Hope screens at the Fall 2022 New Jersey Film Festival on Friday, September 30 - Kasey Vincent’s spooky short documentary The Hauntings of New Hope screens at the Fall 2022 New Jersey Film Festival on Friday, September 30. Here is my interview with her
6) PHOTOS From Pat Guadagno & Small Change Paying Tribute To Tom Waits - (WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ) -- Pat Guadagno, a Jersey Shore legend, along with some very special guests celebrated the music of Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Tom Waits at Monmouth University's Pollak Theatre on Saturday, September 24, 2022. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
7) Power 105.1 presents Powerhouse at Prudential Center - (NEWARK, NJ)-- iHeartMedia New York’s Power 105.1, Home of The Breakfast Club and Angie Martinez, New York's Hip Hop and R&B, announced the star-studded lineup for its annual live music event, Powerhouse produced by Live Nation. The event will take place on Saturday, October 29 at 6:30pm at Prudential Center in Newark.
8) PHOTOS from 8th Annual Rock the Farm Festival - (SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ) -- The 8th Annual Rock the Farm Festival took place September 24, 2022 in Seaside Heights. This family friendly event features incredible music all day long, food trucks, beer & wine garden, KidZone, and more. It includes performances by many of the area's top tribute bands covering a variety of everyone's favorite music. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
9) Kelly Ripa's Live Wire Book Tour Comes to The Basie - (RED BANK, NJ) -- Kelly Ripa will embark on the Live Wire Book Tour to celebrate the release of her first book, LIVE WIRE: Long-Winded Short Stories (Dey Street Books/HarperCollins Publishers – on sale September 27 in the US). Joined on her book tour by special guests – including husband Mark Consuelos on September 28 at the Count Basie Center’s Hackensack Meridian Health Theatre in Red Bank – Kelly will share her sharp, funny, and honest real-life stories showing the many dimensions and crackling wit of the beloved daytime talk show host. Every ticket includes a copy of LIVE WIRE.
10) Lisa Marie Is One Funny Wife & Mom - Staten Island-based, Brooklyn-bred Lisa Marie is one funny wife and mom. And her family gives her plenty to make folks laugh.
11) Newark Arts Festival: Artful Healing Opens with a Festive Reception on October 6th at the Newark Museum of Art - (NEWARK, NJ) -- On Thursday, October 6th, Newark Arts Festival (“NAF”) kicks off with a festive Opening Reception from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at The Newark Museum of Art (“NMOA”). Free with RSVP, the event will celebrate 21 years of NAF, voted New Jersey’s Favorite Visual Arts Festival two years in a row. It will also mark the very first time that NAF’s signature art exhibition is being held within the NMOA’s 2nd floor galleries, providing an incredible opportunity to the local artist community.
12) What’s Filming In New Jersey: AMC’s The Walking Dead Spin-Off starring Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan - (NEWARK, NJ) -- AMC’s The Walking Dead franchise expands its universe to the Meadowlands Arena and North Jersey locations for its upcoming spin-off series starring Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. This is the fifth series in The Walking Dead franchise and will follow Maggie (Cohan) and Negan (Morgan) as they explore a postapocalyptic New York City. Eli Jorné, who writes and co-executive produces the original series, will serve as the showrunner, while Scott M. Gimple, chief content officer of The Walking Dead franchise, will oversee the series. Cohan and Morgan also serve as executive producers. The first six-episode season is expected to debut on AMC and AMC+ in 2023.
13) Michael McDermott Wins Prestigious Tenco Award for Songwriting - Critically acclaimed singer-songwriter Michael McDermott is a 2022 winner of the prestigious Tenco Award for career songwriting, an honor that recognizes artists who have made a significant contribution to songwriting in Italy and abroad. The award, established in 1974, pays homage to the late singer-songwriter Luigi Tenco and celebrates exceptional and impactful songwriting on an international level.
14) Lizzie Rose Music Room is Running a GoFundMe Campaign Seeking Funding to Reopen It's Doors After Two Years of Outdoor Shows - (TUCKERTON, NJ) -- Since 2014 the Non Profit, volunteer run Lizzie Rose Music Room has been providing its audiences and the music community with a very special, curated selection of artists performing in an intimate setting. The 70 seat room is housed in an historic Victorian era mansion “down the shore”, 30 minutes north of Atlantic City in Tuckerton, NJ. Much like Preservation Hall in New Orleans the focus is music and only music, there is no bar to wait 6 people deep at or food for purchase.
15) iPlay America announces hiring of Pastry Chef Theresa Catalano - (FREEHOLD, NJ) -- Play America announced the hiring of Pastry Chef Theresa Catalano as part of its new dining experience, The Loaded Spoon, set to open in early 2023. Bringing over 12 years of innovative experience, Catalano launched her career under renowned Master Pastry Chef Florian Bellanger and Pastry Chef Ron Ben Israel. She has worked as the Pastry Chef at il Nido in Marlboro, NJ, and Head Pastry Chef at Eataly NYC managing pastry retail and all baked goods for catering Eataly’s two iconic restaurants, La Pizza & La Pasta and Firenze Ristorante.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.