Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from July 31 to August 6, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 10 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean).
1) Vineland hosts 5th Food Trucks on the Ave Festival - (VINELAND, NJ) -- Come hungry as the Food Trucks on The Ave festival returns to downtown Vineland for the fifth year on Sunday, August 21, rain or shine, from 11:00am to 7:00pm, at Landis Avenue and the Boulevard. It will feature over 20 food trucks, and a packed line-up of continuous entertainment and activities. Admission is free.
2) PHOTOS from "Crazy For You" at Music Mountain Theatre - (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) -- Music Mountain Theatre is currently presenting Crazy For You each weekend through August 21st. Winner of the 1992 Tony Award for Best Musical, this laugh-a-minute musical romp is scripted by Ken Ludwig and features the memorable hits of George and Ira Gershwin such as “I Got Rhythm,” “Naughty Baby,” “They Can't Take That Away from Me,” “Embraceable You,” “But Not for Me,” “Nice Work if You Can Get It” and “Someone to Watch Over Me.” Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
3) 15th Annual Lincoln Park Music Festival to Take Place Across Two Weekends - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District (LPCCD) has announced that the official 15th Anniversary of the annual music festival will return over two weekends from July 27-31 and August 5-7 with broad array of musical genres including Gospel, House, Hip-Hop, Soulful Alternative/Mash Up, Reggae, Dancehall sounds and of the Latinx/Hispanic Caribbean diaspora.
4) What’s Filming In New Jersey: AMC’s The Walking Dead Spin-Off starring Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan - (NEWARK, NJ) -- AMC’s The Walking Dead franchise expands its universe to the Meadowlands Arena and North Jersey locations for its upcoming spin-off series starring Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. This is the fifth series in The Walking Dead franchise and will follow Maggie (Cohan) and Negan (Morgan) as they explore a postapocalyptic New York City. Eli Jorné, who writes and co-executive produces the original series, will serve as the showrunner, while Scott M. Gimple, chief content officer of The Walking Dead franchise, will oversee the series. Cohan and Morgan also serve as executive producers. The first six-episode season is expected to debut on AMC and AMC+ in 2023.
5) Plays-in-the-Park returns for their 60th season to Middlesex County this summer with three popular Broadway musicals - (EDISON, NJ) -- Middlesex County’s Plays-in-the-Park is returning to the stage this summer, with performances of Something Rotten!, The SpongeBob Musical, and A Chorus Line at the Stephen J. Capestro Theatre in Edison, part of Plays-in-the-Park’s 60th season.
6) Air Supply LIVE! on the Beach in Seaside Heights, NJ - It’s Saturday, July 23, 2022, and music lovers in Seaside Heights, NJ are excitedly awaiting a concert on the beach by the world-famous Australian pop duo, Air Supply.
7) "She's a Legend!" Maria Muldaur LIVE! in Somers Point, NJ - It’s 90 minutes before show time, and music lovers already have their chairs planted in the sand this Friday, July 22, 2022 evening in Somers Point, NJ for a free concert on the beach starring five-time Grammy nominated pop, folk, and blues singer Maria Muldaur.
8) Paper Mill Playhouse Announces 2022-2023 Season - (MILLBURN, NJ) -- Paper Mill Playhouse has announced its 2022-2023 season, including a gripping murder mystery, a Disney hero of mythic proportions, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s beloved final musical, the Tony-nominated story of two Latin music icons, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical that defined a generation.
9) Asbury Lanes presents The Commodores - (ASBURY PARK, NJ) -- Music icons and Motown legends, The Commodores, are coming to Asbury Park for a one-night-only show on Friday, September 2nd at Asbury Lanes. With 10 Grammy nominations, one Grammy Award and over 75 million albums sold worldwide, the Commodores are an American funk and soul band with hits including "Easy", "Three Times a Lady", and "Brick House".
10) M. Night Shyamalan Returned to South Jersey to Film "Knock at the Cabin" - (BURLINGTON COUNTY, NJ) -- M. Night Shyamalan returned to South Jersey to film his upcoming apocalyptic horror film Knock at the Cabin, which just wrapped. The film marks the 15th feature film produced and directed by Shyamalan, with Jarin Blaschke as cinematographer. Produced by Binding Edge Pictures and Universal Pictures, Knock at the Cabin will be released by Universal on February 3, 2023. The principal photography was done in Burlington County.
11) Allaire Music Fest Takes Place On Saturday - (FARMINGDALE, NJ) -- Allaire Village hosts the Allaire Music Fest on Saturday, August 6 from 11:00am to 4:00pm. local bands from NJ perform a variety of Bluegrass, Folk & Americana music on multiple stages and with jam sessions throughout the day! Artists tables available for vending of music and signings. The Rain Date is August 7th.
12) A Look at the 2022 Monmouth County Fair - (FREEHOLD, NJ) -- The best part of summer is almost here! The Monmouth County Fair opens on Wednesday, July 27 and runs through Sunday, July 31. Held at East Freehold Showgrounds, Kozloski Road, Freehold, this annual event is presented by the Monmouth County Board of County Commissioners in cooperation with the Monmouth County Park System and the Monmouth County 4-H Association. Brimming with excitement, the Fair features opening night fireworks (weather permitting), rides, live entertainment, Home and Garden Competitions, 4-H shows and exhibits, and more.
13) Gordon Lightfoot LIVE! at the Ocean City Music Pier - The Ocean City, NJ boardwalk is bustling with people making their way inside the Ocean City Music Pier this Monday, July 18, 2022 evening for a sold-out concert of live music featuring the legendary Canadian singer/songwriter Gordon Lightfoot.
14) Kelly Ripa's Live Wire Book Tour Comes to The Basie - (RED BANK, NJ) -- Kelly Ripa will embark on the Live Wire Book Tour to celebrate the release of her first book, LIVE WIRE: Long-Winded Short Stories (Dey Street Books/HarperCollins Publishers – on sale September 27 in the US). Joined on her book tour by special guests – including husband Mark Consuelos on September 28 at the Count Basie Center’s Hackensack Meridian Health Theatre in Red Bank – Kelly will share her sharp, funny, and honest real-life stories showing the many dimensions and crackling wit of the beloved daytime talk show host. Every ticket includes a copy of LIVE WIRE.
15) The Weeklings "3" Voted Coolest Song In The World for 2020 - The Weeklings head into the new year with news that the title track of their album "3" was voted as the #1 Coolest Song In The World by Little Steven's Underground Garage. The band has previously had two songs finish in the Top Ten Coolest Songs of the Year (in 2016 and 2018) but this is their first time topping the prestigious year end list.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.