Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from September 18-24, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 9 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Essex, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, Somerset, and Union).
1) Haunt O'Ween NJ to take place at Bell Works - (HOLMDEL, NJ) /PRNewswire/ -- The Experiential Supply Co., an innovative experiential productions and attractions company that drives high profile viral destination experiences, and Fever, the global entertainment discovery platform, today announced their groundbreaking one-of-a-kind Halloween experience: Haunt O' Ween NJ will land in New Jersey this Halloween. The fully immersive spooktacular event will take place September 30th - October 31st, 2022 at Bell Works, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd. in Holmdel, New Jersey.
2) Newark Porchfest Scheduled for Saturday - (NEWARK, NJ) -- On Saturday, September 24, 2022, Newark Porchfest takes place in the Forest Hill Historic District of Newark. This is a free, family-friendly celebration of the arts with music of all genres, art, dance, food, and activities for children. The rain date is Sunday, September 25.
3) Horror movie filmed in Somerset County Premieres on Amazon Prime - (BEDMINSTER, NJ) -- The upcoming thriller Goodnight Mommy with Naomi Watts was filmed entirely at a house in Bedminster. The movie, a remake of the 2014 Austrian movie of the same name, follows twin brothers who arrive at their mother’s country home and begin to suspect that something isn’t right. This Animal Kingdom production is directed by Matt Sobel and written by Kyle Warren. Joshua Astrachan, Nicolas Brigaud-Robert, V.J. Guibal, and David Kaplan serve as producers with Watts as executive producer. The movie will be released September 16th on Amazon Prime.
4) PHOTOS from "Thoroughly Modern Millie" at Music Mountain Theatre - (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) -- Music Mountain Theatre revisits the wild and wooly Roaring 20s when Thoroughly Modern Millie comes to the stage for a four-weekend run opening on September 16th and running through October 9th. Set in New York City in 1922, this tells the story of young Millie Dillmount from Kansas, who comes to New York in search of a new life for herself. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
5) Dionn Reneé represents the USA in global marketing campaign for the hit movie "The Woman King" - Dionn Reneé, a New Jersey resident, has been named ‘Selected Creator’ by Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. and Columbia Tristar Marketing Group, Inc. for usage of her original artwork in the global marketing campaign for the film, The Woman King. The agreement includes promo art, social media, print materials, and merchandise.
6) Atlantic City Fall Bazaar Takes Place October 15-16 -(ATLANTIC CITY, NJ) -- Celebrate the fall season at the Asbury Park Bazaar at the Noyes Arts Garage of Stockton University on Saturday & Sunday, October 15 -16, 2022 from 12:00pm - 5:00pm. Throughout the two event days, there will be nonstop live music, food and drink vendors, an indoor biergarten (for ages 21+), arts and crafts activities for children and adults, and shopping from local artists and craftsmen. This event is produced by Asbury Park Bazaar in partnership with the Noyes Arts Garage of Stockton University.
7) Willie Nelson, Family & Friends bring Outlaw Music Festival to Camden - (CAMDEN, NJ) -- Willie Nelson, Mark Rothbaum, Keith Wortman, Blackbird Presents, Live Nation, and the Outlaw Music Festival Tour are heading back on the road again. Willie will be live and in concert with his family and friends, including Willie Nelson & Family, Chris Stapleton, The Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Billy Strings, ZZ Top, Gov’t Mule, Brothers Osborne, Zach Bryan, Steve Earle & The Dukes, Allison Russell, Charley Crockett, Larkin Poe, The War and Treaty, Brittney Spencer, Particle Kid and more as part of the 20+ stop tour starting this summer. The tour comes to the Waterfront Music Pavilion in Camden on Friday, September 23rd.
8) M. Night Shyamalan Returned to South Jersey to Film "Knock at the Cabin" - (BURLINGTON COUNTY, NJ) -- M. Night Shyamalan returned to South Jersey to film his upcoming apocalyptic horror film Knock at the Cabin, which just wrapped. The film marks the 15th feature film produced and directed by Shyamalan, with Jarin Blaschke as cinematographer. Produced by Binding Edge Pictures and Universal Pictures, Knock at the Cabin will be released by Universal on February 3, 2023. The principal photography was done in Burlington County.
9) New indy film argues Alabama woman was wrongly convicted of murder - (ELIZABETH, NJ) -- An independent African-American filmmaker with a relentless pursuit of the truth and justice has produced a stunning documentary that makes a powerful case: arguing that an Alabama white woman has been unjustly imprisoned for 30 years.
10) Carteret's 45th Annual Ethnic Day, Music Festival, and Charity Carnival Returns This Week - (CARTERET, NJ) -- Mayor Daniel J. Reiman’s Carteret Charity Carnival returns to Carteret Park from Wednesday, September 14th through Sunday, September 18th featuring rides, games, live music, local vendors, and traditional Carnival fare. Proceeds will benefit the Children’s Charity Trust Fund, a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization, established to provide Carteret residents with a monetary resource for education, athletics, and health among many other charitable causes.
11) Music Mountain Theatre Adds Special Events To Its Season - (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) -- As the 2022 season of Main Stage performances, young audience series productions, and Theatre School session continues, Music Mountain Theatre also offers additional special events to enjoy this fall.
12) Harry Styles To Play 15 Shows at Madison Square Garden - (NEW YORK, NY) -- On May 27, international superstar Harry Styles announced that he has sold out all 42 dates of his massive Love On Tour 2022 in support of his new album Harry’s House. This includes the additional 5 New York and 5 Los Angeles dates that were just recently announced. Coming off two special One Night Only shows in New York and London, the 2022 tour will allow fans to have access to multiple nights in each major city turning iconic venues into Harry’s House for the run of shows.
13) Power 105.1 presents Powerhouse at Prudential Center - (NEWARK, NJ)-- iHeartMedia New York’s Power 105.1, Home of The Breakfast Club and Angie Martinez, New York's Hip Hop and R&B, announced the star-studded lineup for its annual live music event, Powerhouse produced by Live Nation. The event will take place on Saturday, October 29 at 6:30pm at Prudential Center in Newark.
14) Freehold Borough Holds Shark Tank Event - (FREEHOLD, NJ) -- The Freehold Borough Pitch Event will take place on September 29, 2022, from 6:00pm - 9:00pm at the Court Street School Education Community Center, located at 140 Court Street, Freehold, NJ. This event, similar to "Shark Tank," focuses on the pitch to help launch and grow local businesses and is a perfect way to get valuable advice and mentoring.
15) “Just Beautiful!” Dionne Warwick LIVE! at UCPAC - Music lovers are streaming into Union County Performing Arts Center in Rahway, NJ this Friday, September 9, 2022 evening for a concert by the legendary singer and recording artist Dionne Warwick. Warwick is a six-time Grammy Award-winner who has performed on more than 75 charted hits and sold over 100 million records, many written by composer Burt Bacharach. Born and raised in the Garden State, Warwick received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019 and, in 2021, was nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.