Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from November 20-26, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 7 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Ocean, Somerset, and Union).
1) Newark's Mayor Baraka Announces First Four Community Organizations To Participate In Neighborhood Investment Program - (NEWARK, NJ) -- On November 22, 2022, Mayor Ras J. Baraka announced that the Municipal Council authorized $731,505 in funding for four initiatives to strengthen Newark's commercial corridors and help small businesses recover from the effects of COVID-19. The Neighborhood Investment Program, administered by the Department of Economic and Housing Development (EHD), is part of Mayor Baraka's $8.8 million Equitable Economic Recovery Plan to strengthen Newark's economy and bring aid to communities hit hardest by the pandemic.
2) A Philly Special Christmas releases "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - (PHILADELPHIA, PA) -- A Philly Special Christmas has released “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” featuring performances from NFL Eagles’ Jason Kelce, Jordan Mailata and Lane Johnson produced by Charlie Hall (The War on Drugs) and executive producer Connor Barwin is out now. This is the first in a series of holiday classic singles to be released every Friday between now and the album’s official release on December 23rd via Vera Y Records. Recorded at Rittenhouse Soundworks, Silent Partners, and Elm St studio, proceeds from the LP will be donated to the Children’s Treatment Crisis Center in Philadelphia.
3) "Absolutely Transcendent!" Linda Eder LIVE! at BergenPAC - It’s nearly 80 degrees in Englewood, NJ, this warm November 6, 2022 evening as music lovers enter BergenPAC’s gleaming new lobby for a heartfelt evening of music by Broadway actress and recording star Linda Eder.
4) Rock On! This Week's Sound Bites...11/24/22 - “I have to tell you," began founding member of The Hollywood Allstars, keyboardist Steve Gaspar. "Years ago, it was a passion project of mine and when I say years, I mean probably about four or five years ago. I've been in the music business my whole life and I had this idea that I wanted to put together a quote unquote; super group. A dream team of people that I respect and people who I enjoy the way they play and that I enjoy hanging out with and I never would have imagined five years later that I'd be on the phone with you telling you about it. I have the horn section that did The Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour, the bass player from the Johnny and Edgar Winter groups, the lead singer from Tower of Power, a guitar player that has worked with Blood, Sweat & Tears and Talking Heads; I mean, it really is literally like a dream come true. I mean, not to sound like a corny cliche but I'm really, really fortunate to be able to say I'm surrounded with these people let alone have gotten them all to be in a band and to get a record deal, which in itself is cuckoo these days; you know?”
5) "Easy to Love!" Paula Cole and Sophie B. Hawkins LIVE! at SOPAC - Inside South Orange, NJ’s SOPAC auditorium this Thursday, November 10, 2022 evening, the crowd cheers as Executive Director Stephen Beaudoin welcomes the audience announcing, “Paula Cole and Sophie B. Hawkins are in the house tonight!”
6) New indy film argues Alabama woman was wrongly convicted of murder- (ELIZABETH, NJ) -- An independent African-American filmmaker with a relentless pursuit of the truth and justice has produced a stunning documentary that makes a powerful case: arguing that an Alabama white woman has been unjustly imprisoned for 30 years.
7) Brook Arts Center presents Chris Ruggiero's Christmas Show - (BOUND BROOK, NJ) -- The Brook Arts Center presents Singer and PBS-TV star Chris Ruggiero’s Christmas Show on December 16 at 8:00pm features songs from his just-released holiday LP Christmas With Chris Ruggiero such as “Sleigh Ride,” “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home),” and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” as well as songs from his four albums, all delivered in Chris’s own classic style.
8) bergenPAC Reopens with Sold-out Shows as Performing Arts School Shines Onstage - (ENGLEWOOD, NJ) -- Bergen Performing Arts Center (bergenPAC) has welcomed thousands of patrons back to its newly renovated theater after reopening last month. Construction on the historic facility began in March, and the new season kicked off on October 12 with a packed auditorium for The Price is Right Live! tour. This month featured a string of sold-out shows when legendary crooners Johnny Mathis and Paul Anka returned to enchant patrons, followed by salsa icon Victor Manuelle, and rockers Air Supply and YES.
9) Grammy Museum Experience (TM) Prudential Center presents "Ladies and Gentlemen... The Beatles!" - (NEWARK, NJ) -- GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center announced their newest traveling exhibit, Ladies and Gentlemen…The Beatles! The exhibit runs from Friday, November 18, 2022, through June 25, 2023.
10) Ocean County Library Announces Concert Series With classical vocalists Dakota & Elle - (TOMS RIVER, NJ) -- The Ocean County Library has announced a concert series by Ocean County classical vocalists Dakota & Elle. The tenor-soprano duo will perform in six branches, through early February.
11) "Jersey City Nutcracker" Brings Holiday Tradition Home - For more than a decade, Jersey City has had its own special holiday tradition: Nimbus Dance’s Jersey City Nutcracker. The city-centric show runs from Dec. 9 through 23 at the new Nimbus Arts Center.
12) Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes Runs Through January 2nd - (NEW YORK, NY) -- America's #1 holiday show, the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes, presented by QVC, runs through January 2, 2023 at Radio City Music Hall. The Christmas Spectacular, which has inspired and amazed more than 69 million people from around the world since it debuted in 1933, is a one-of-a-kind tradition where the magic of Christmas in New York comes alive. Radio City Music Hall is the only place in the world where audiences can experience the immersive magic of the Christmas Spectacular and the new scene "Dance of the Frost Fairies." Tickets for the 2022 show are on sale now at www.rockettes.com.
13) Ocean Casino Resort presents Elvis Costello & The Imposters - (ATLANTIC CITY, NJ) -- Ocean Casino Resort presents Elvis Costello & The Imposters on Saturday, February 25, 2023 in Ovation Hall. The concert begins at 8:00pm. Doors open at 7:00pm.
14) Christmas Village Returns To LOVE Park And City Hall - (PHILADELPHIA, PA) -- Christmas Village in Philadelphia will again transform LOVE Park (1500 JFK Blvd.) and City Hall's Courtyard and North Broad section into a traditional, open-air German Christmas Market. Christmas Village returns for its 15th season, running from November 24 to December 24, 2022 with a preview weekend on Saturday, November 19th to Sunday, November 20th.
15) Monmouth County finalizes Belford Ferry service contract; Seastreak to begin providing services on Dec. 5 - (FREEHOLD, NJ) -- The Monmouth County Board of County Commissioners has announced that a contract has been finalized with Seastreak to begin offering ferry services between the Belford Ferry Terminal and Manhattan starting December 5, 2022.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.