Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of May 29 - June 4, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. The latest Top Ten includes articles covering seven counties in New Jersey (Cumberland, Essex, Hudson, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Morris) and five original features.
1) Amazing Animation Film Unforgotten Screens At The 2022 New Jersey International Film Festival On June 4! - Unforgotten is a deeply effectual animated short by Sujin Kim telling stories of the harrowing plights of comfort women enslaved by the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II. The film uses other-worldly imagery and symbolism as various tales of being a comfort woman are told. The stories are devastating, detailing the harsh truths of being stolen and exploited. The animation is beautifully executed, simultaneously being impressive and impactfully haunting. Unforgotten is a wonderfully put-together, impactful collage that poignantly conveys the nightmare of being a comfort woman.
2) 30th Cruise Down Memory Lane in Vineland To Take Place June 11th - (VINELAND, NJ) -- Millions of dollars’ worth of vintage and exotic cars will again line Landis Avenue as Cruise Down Memory Lane returns to downtown Vineland—The Ave—on Saturday, June 11 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. The rain date will be Sunday, June 12, at the same time. This event attracts over 1,000 American cars—over one mile of cars—and is open to street rods, muscle cars, stock or custom classics, rat rods, and cruisers
3) Lisa Marie Is One Funny Wife & Mom - Staten Island-based, Brooklyn-bred Lisa Marie is one funny wife and mom. And her family gives her plenty to make folks laugh.
4) 'The Geator' Rocks the House with Gary U.S. Bonds, The Chiclettes, and Bobby Wilson LIVE! at the PNC Bank Arts Center - On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, the Garden State Arts Foundation continued it’s Spring season of free live entertainment for NJ residents aged 55 and over with a concert entitled Jerry ‘The Geator’ Blavat Rocks the House with Gary U.S. Bonds, The Chiclettes, and Bobby Wilson at Holmdel, NJ’s PNC Bank Arts Center. The season’s first program starred Las Vegas entertainer Rick Michel who presented his Frank Sinatra tribute, Sinatra Forever, on May 18.
5) 2022 Jersey City Jazz Festival - (JERSEY CITY, NJ) -- The Jersey City Jazz Festival is back for a two-day celebration the weekend of June 4th and 5th in the Powerhouse Arts District. The free-to-the-public annual event will feature fourteen bands on two stages, food trucks, a full bar, and a VIP experience at the 107 Morgan Street lot in Jersey City. The event is produced by the Jersey City-based non-profit Riverview Jazz and presented by Exchange Place Alliance. The 2022 festival will coincide with another beloved annual event - Bike JC’s Ward Tour, Sunday, June 5th, which will culminate at this year’s jazz festival. There will also be an after-party jam session at Moore’s Place on Monticello Ave.
6) Newark Symphony Hall Announces Shows and Return of Monthly Soul Line Dancing - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Newark Symphony Hall (NSH), the largest Black-led arts and entertainment venue in the state, announced its summer 2022 lineup of events and performances, including monthly soul line dancing with WBLS 107.5’s Superhero DJ Jon Quick and legendary instructor Kenny J, which begins on Friday, June 10, and is free for the first month.
7) PHOTOS from "Grease" at AxelrodPAC - (OCEAN, NJ) -- The Axelrod Performing Arts Center is presenting the musical Grease for three weeks, June 3-19 at the Vogel Auditorium. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the musical's Broadway opening, this production of Grease is directed and choreographed by Lisa Stevens. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos during a dress rehearsal of the show.
8) Paper Mill Playhouse Announces 2022-2023 Season - (MILLBURN, NJ) -- Paper Mill Playhouse has announced its 2022-2023 season, including a gripping murder mystery, a Disney hero of mythic proportions, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s beloved final musical, the Tony-nominated story of two Latin music icons, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical that defined a generation.
9) An Interview with Richie Furay, who has Two NJ Shows in June - Richie Furay — credited as one of the founders of country-rock — is coming to the New Jersey area in June, 2022 where he will play shows on June 11 at Alpha Wave Studios in Whippany and on June 12 at SOPAC in South Orange
10) Taste Trenton Returns June 10-12 - (TRENTON, NJ) -- Taste Trenton has registered about 40 restaurants to welcome “food tourists” as part of a self-guided tour of the capital city’s restaurants during the weekend of June 10th through 12th. This not-for-profit effort, initially begun in 2016, is designed to introduce Trenton residents and guests from across the region to the vast culinary and eating options available in many corners of the city. What began as a single day event with just a dozen restaurant in the Chambersburg region, has evolved to three days and an ever-expanding and changing list of participating restaurants.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.
New Jersey Stage © 2023 by Wine Time Media, LLC | PO Box 140, Spring Lake, NJ 07762 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nobody covers the Arts throughout the Garden State like New Jersey Stage!
Images used on this site have been sent to us from publicists, artists, and PR firms.
If there is a problem with the rights to any image, please contact us and we will look into the matter.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and on our RSS feed