Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from September 10-16, 2023. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 10 counties in New Jersey (Bergen, Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Sussex, and Union).
1) Carteret's 47th annual Ethnic Day Takes Place On Saturday - (CARTERET, NJ) -- Having kicked off September 13 with a carnival rides and games, a battle of the bands, and a freestyle music night, Mayor Dan Reiman's Charity Carnival continues with the Borough's 47th annual Ethnic Day from noon to midnight on Saturday, September 16, and its Charity Car Show from 10:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday, Sept. 17, all in Carteret Park on Carteret Avenue.
2) PHOTOS from "Sunset Boulevard" at Music Mountain Theatre - (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) -- Music Mountain Theatre is currently presenting Sunset Boulevard weekends through October 1st. The musical is based on the film and screenplay by Billy Wilder and features music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and a libretto by Don Black and Christopher Hampton. This is the twelfth mainstage show of MMT’s 2023 season. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
3) Jackson Pines Headlines Albert Hall Heritage & Americana Festival on Saturday - (WARETOWN, NJ) -- This Saturday, September 16th, while Sea Hear Now takes over the northern shores of Asbury Park, another, albeit more humble, festival will be taking place just twenty-six miles down the parkway by the bay in Waretown at Albert Music Hall.
4) Mountain Creek Resort presents Oktoberfest this Weekend - (VERNON TOWNSHIP, NJ) -- Home to New Jersey’s favorite Oktoberfest celebration, Mountain Creek Resort pulls out all the stops for this one-of-a-kind fall festival that takes place September 16-17, 2023. Adults can participate in lawn games like the stein and pie eating contests, lumberjack contest, hay bale toss and wife carrying relay, or battle it out in a classic sack race, while kids enjoy petting zoos, bounce houses and face painting. Guests can also take free sky rides on the Mountain Creek lift or experience Mountain Coaster rides for just $15 per ride.
5) 2023 Morristown Jazz & Blues Festival Preview - (MORRISTOWN, NJ) –– Morristown Mayor Tim Dougherty has added to the line-up for this year's free annual Morristown Jazz & Blues Festival, which takes place Friday September 22 and Saturday September 23, 2023. The music begins on Friday at 4:00pm on Pioneer Park (conveniently located between Headquarters Plaza and 1776 on Speedwell Avenue). The Saturday music will be held on the Morristown Green from noon until 10:00pm. As it has for the past two years, the Festival will honor two of its founders, Linda Smith and Michael Fabrizio, who both sadly passed away in June 2021.
6) An Interview with Amy Ray of the Indigo Girls who will play MPAC in October - The Indigo Girls will play in Morristown on Tuesday, October 24 at 7:30pm at the Mayo Performing Arts Center (MPAC). The Indigo Girls are Amy Ray and Emily Saliers. On September 6, Ray spoke with New Jersey Stage about the Garden State, the history of human life on earth, and other topics.
7) Annual West Orange Jazz Festival Returns to the Beautiful OSPAC - (WEST ORANGE, NJ) -- The Annual West Orange Jazz Festival returns to the Oskar Schindler Performing Arts Center (OSPAC). This all day, outdoor festival will be on Saturday, September 23rd from 2:00pm-9:00pm. Pleasant Valley Productions’ Board Member Lynette Sheard in conjunction with Gregory Burrus Productions curated another lineup of stellar musicians for the 2023 season. You are invited to 4 Boland Drive in West Orange NJ to experience a beer and wine garden, numerous food vendors and many community activities.
8) Radio City Organist, George Wesner, to Perform at The Barrymore Film Center - (FORT LEE, NJ) -- The Barrymore Film Center will come alive from floor to rafters on Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 2:30pm, when George Wesner, principal organist at Radio City Music Hall, performs a concert of classics, show music, and standards on the theater’s recently-acquired Allen organ.
9) PHOTOS from Pat Guadagno and his Lonesome Cowboys Celebrating Hank Williams - (HOLMDEL, NJ) -- Pat Guadagno and his Lonesome Cowboys celebrated Hank Williams 100th birthday with a special show on Sunday, September 10, 2023 at Bell Works in Holmdel. The show was presented by Axelrod Performing Arts Center. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos.
10) Chartwell Gardens to Hold Monarch Butterfly Festival - (MARLTON, NJ) -- /PRNewswire/ -- As the mesmerizing Monarch butterflies embark on their incredible journey across North America, Chartwell Gardens is proud to announce the upcoming Monarch Butterfly Festival on Sunday, September 17, 2023 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. This promises to be a day filled with wonder, education, and fun for both kids and adults alike. There will be live bands, activities, food trucks, guided garden tours, interactive workshops, a marketplace, and a live butterfly release.
11) Minnesota Mean screens at the Fall 2023 New Jersey Film festival on Friday, September 15! - Minnesota Mean is an independent documentary that focuses on the lives of the Minnesota Roller Girls All Stars, directed by Dawn Mikkelson. Minnesota Mean offers a front row seat to the world of roller derby, and a backstage pass taking us through the lives of the members of the team, highlighting their triumphs and struggles.
12) Montclair Jazz Festival Draws Over 17,000, Breaking Attendance Record - (MONTCLAIR, NJ) -- On Saturday, September 9, the Montclair Jazz Festival launched its much-anticipated Downtown Jamboree, an all-day multi-stage festival. The festival set a new attendance record, drawing an impressive 17,000 music fans to downtown Montclair, New Jersey. Unexpected severe weather forced a three-hour mid-afternoon delay due to lightning and heavy rain. Still, despite this setback, the 14th annual Montclair Jazz Festival roared back to life in the evening with host Alonzo Bodden from Last Comic Standing helping to keep the mood light. Attendees were treated to three more hours of sensational jazz performances from artists like Antibalas, Michael Mwenso and the Shakes, Regina Carter, Christian McBride and the New Jawn, and Melanie Charles.
13) PHOTOS from Skid Row, Buckcherry, and Kurt Deimer at Wellmont Theater - (MONTCLAIR, NJ) -- Skid Row brought The Gang's All Here Tour to the Wellmont Theater on September 8, 2023 with support by Buckcherry and Kurt Deimer. Photographer Julie Hoffman was on hand to take photos.
14) 8th Annual Indie Street Film Festival Takes Place This Week - (RED BANK, NJ) -- The eighth annual Indie Street Film Festival (ISFF), presented by Basie Center Cinemas, takes place September 13-17, 2023. ISFF 2023 will kick off at the Vogel theater with the NJ Premiere of I Like Movies, written and directed by Award-winning Canadian filmmaker Chandler Levack. The remainder of ISFF runs in person at Basie Center Cinemas (36 White Street, Red Bank, NJ). Feature-length films, short films, filmmaker Q&As, and panels with industry professionals will be presented.
15) New Jersey Festival Orchestra Announces Bold New 2023-2024 Season - (WESTFIELD, NJ) -- The four most iconic notes in classical music – Beethoven’s Symphony No.5 – will initiate New Jersey Festival Orchestra’s exciting new program for the 2023-2024 season. The new series promises some milestone celebrations and a variety of spectacular concerts, balancing perennial favorite events and familiar giants of the classical music repertoire with some intriguing lesser-known fare sure to enthrall.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. We also run weekly columns promoting events, music, and theatre shows taking place for the week. These columns include our featured event previews and event listings along with all of our event previews of the week. Many times, they are among the most read stories of the week.
Make sure your events are part of our weekly columns by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising and includes events listed in our online calendar. Or you can have your events listed in the calendar for $10 per event. Either way your events will be featured in the weekly columns. NJ Stage keeps our rates low so they are affordable to arts organizations of all sizes.