Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of May 1-7, 2022. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week Top Ten includes articles covering five counties in New Jersey (Cumberland, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Passaic, and Warren).
1) Photos from Remember Jones performing Bat Out Of Hell Live at Axelrod PAC - Remember Jones celebrated the sound of Meat Loaf and the music of Jim Steinman with three performances of Bat Out of Hell Live at the Axelrod Performing Arts Center from April 29 to May 1. Remember Jones performed the entire classic album from 1977 and more with a 16-piece band and special guests that include Max Weinberg and Adam Weiner (Low Cut Connie). Photographer John Posada was on hand to take some photos.
2) 2022 Passaic County Restaurant Week Slated for May 16-22 - The County of Passaic is hosting its 2022 Restaurant Week from Monday, May 16th through Sunday, May 22nd. In collaboration with local restaurants and dining venues, businesses within the County are presenting a catalog of limited-time, prix fixe menus for lunch and/or dinner.
3) Music Icon Frank Sinatra and Broadcast Legend Sid Mark Celebrated Seaside - (AVON-BY-THE-SEA, NJ) -- Musical icon Frank Sinatra and legendary broadcaster Sid Mark were recently celebrated at a Sunday afternoon special event, which took place at the Avon Marina, 2 Main Street, in Avon-By-the-Sea, NJ. Alongside a sunny, picturesque view of the Marina, Guest Speakers Brian Mark, Chuck Granata and Dana Polan honored the memory of Sid Mark and chatted about the music and career of Frank Sinatra.
4) Mother's Day Good Music Festival at Prudential Center features The Isley Brothers, Keith Sweat, Monica, and SWV - (NEWARK, NJ) -- SJ Presents The Mother’s Day Good Music Festival with multi-platinum and Grammy Award-Winning iconic performers The Isley Brothers, Keith Sweat, Monica, and SWV at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Friday, May 6 at 8:00pm.
5) Washington's Steampunk Fair Captures the Imagination - (WASHINGTON, NJ) -- Downtown Washington is taking a step back in time...or is it the future? The 2nd Annual Washington Rock ‘n’ Roll and Steampunk Fair on Saturday, May 21st combines the steam-powered Victorian Era energy of the classic science fiction genre with a punk and rock ‘n’ roll sound that makes for an amazing day of retro-futuristic fun.
6) Paper Mill Playhouse announces 2022 Rising Star Award Nominations - (MILLBURN, NJ) -- As one of the nation’s leading professional theaters and recipient of the Regional Theatre Tony Award, Paper Mill Playhouse has a well-earned reputation for launching both performers and shows to Broadway. Since their inception in 1996, the Paper Mill Playhouse Rising Star Awards for Excellence in High School Musical Theatre have ignited the careers of many notable performers, all of whom attended high school in New Jersey. The 2022 Paper Mill Playhouse Rising Star Awards ceremony will take place at Paper Mill Playhouse on Monday, June 6 at 7:30pm, featuring presenters from both Broadway and beyond. The ceremony will be livestreamed on Paper Mill’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
7) Carteret Mayor Reiman Joins NASDAQ, Other Dignitaries to Break Ground on Expansion of Cloud Data Center - (CARTERET, NJ) -- Carteret Mayor Daniel J. Reiman joined NASDAQ President & CFO Adena Friedman, Executive Vice President and Head of North American Markets at NASDAQ Tal Cohen, Equinix President & CEO Charles Meyers, AWS General Manager Scott Mullins, NJ Congressman Josh Gottheimer, Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin, NJ Assemblywoman Yvonne Lopez, Director of the Middlesex County Board of Commissioners Ron Rios, Assemblyman Joseph Egan (D-17th), William Mullen, President of the NJ Building & Construction Trades Council, Kevin Duncan, head of the Middlesex County Building & Construction Trades Council, and John E. Hoey, Jr., business agent for Plumbers & Pipefitters Union Local 9 on the morning of Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 for a ceremonial groundbreaking at NASDAQ’s future 63,000 square foot addition to their existing data center, known as Equinix NY11, in Carteret.
8) Main Street Vineland's Second Crafts and Antiques Show on The Ave Is Postponed - (VINELAND, NJ) -- Main Street Vineland’s second Crafts and Antiques Show on The Ave, originally scheduled for this weekend, is being further postponed to a date because of anticipated inclement weather the entire weekend.
9) Skylark Fine Diner & Lounge is Latest Live Music & Entertainment Hub - (EDISON, NJ) -- Skylark Fine Diner & Lounge in Edison is the latest live music and entertainment hub to check out. After making headlines a second time for hosting another episode of the Food Network show, “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” this one-of-a-kind spot is kicking it up yet another notch with live music shows and events presented by Stage Stars Productions.
10) New Jersey Civic Information Consortium Announces Nearly One Million In Grants - (MONTCLAIR, NJ) -- The New Jersey Civic Information Consortium has announced $990,000 in grants to innovative local news and information programs around the state as part of the organization’s second round of funding. The recipients include 13 first-time grantees and nine renewals to grantees funded during the Consortium’s initial round last year.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.