Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week November 14-20, 2021. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's Top 10 includes articles involving 4 counties in New Jersey (Essex, Hudson, Monmouth, Passaic) and New York City. Once again, the NJ Stage event calendar was one of our top 10 most used features on the site. For this list we only include the most read articles and, for the second straight week, a story about the film "A Case in Blue" came in at the top.
1) "A Case Of Blue" - A Very NJ/NY Film Is Available Now - A Case of Blue, a feature film starring Stephen Schnetzer (Another World, Homeland, ATWT, Days, OLTL ) and Annapurna Sriram (Billions, Feral) was released for renting and purchasing on most streaming platforms on October 19, 2021. The film which asks "is it possible to relive a long-lost romance?" has a heavy New Jersey / New York presence and was filmed mostly in Ridgewood using many local actors
2) Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes Returns After Being Cancelled in 2020 Due to the Pandemic - (NEW YORK, NY) -- The 2021 Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes, presented by Chase, is back this holiday season with performances at Radio City Music Hall now through January 2, 2022. The Christmas Spectacular – seen by more than 69 million people since it debuted in 1933 – is a one-of-a-kind tradition where the magic of Christmas in New York comes alive. The beloved show returns following a 2020 absence due to the pandemic, which marked the first time in 87 years the production was canceled.
3) Film Starring Anne Hathaway, Anthony Hopkins, and Jeremy Strong Seeks NJ Kids Between 12-17 In Bayonne/Jersey City Area - Citrola Casting is seeking paid background actors for the feature film Armageddon Time directed by James Gray. Starring Anne Hathaway, Anthony Hopkins, and Jeremy Strong. They are looking for local New Jersey kids between the ages of 12-17 in the Bayonne/Jersey City area to be extras for many scenes between October-November 2021.
4) Prudential Center Hosts Powerhouse On November 21st - (NEWARK, NJ) -- iHeartMedia’s Power 105.1, Home of The Breakfast Club and Angie Martinez, New York's Hip Hop and R&B, presents its annual live music event, Powerhouse, on Sunday, November 21 at 6:30pm EST, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Power 105.1’s on-air personalities, DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha God of “The Breakfast Club,” officially announced the all-star performers on-air for Powerhouse which will include Migos, Moneybagg Yo, Polo G, Saweetie, Capella Grey, SpinKing and Friends, with more to be announced.
5) Journey Announces Freedom Tour with stops in Philly and Newark - (NEWARK, NJ) -- The legendary classic rock band Journey has announced their Freedom Tour 2022, featuring very special guests Billy Idol on the first leg of the tour and Toto on the second. The band comes to the area with shows at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on Wednesday, February 23 and Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on Sunday, February 27, 2022.
6) Ali Wong to film Netflix comedy special at Count Basie Center On November 21st - (RED BANK, NJ) -- Comedian Ali Wong's Milk & Money Tour stops at the Count Basie Center’s Hackensack Meridian Health Theatre on Sunday, November 21 at 5:00pm and 8:00pm. The shows will be filmed for an upcoming Netflix comedy special. Tickets, priced from $49.50 are on sale through theBASIE.org, the Basie Center box office and Ticketmaster.
7) G. Thomas Allen Wins 10th Annual Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Competition - (NEWARK, NJ) -- At a star-studded, sold-out performance held on November 14th on the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) stage, G. Thomas Allen (Chicago, IL) was announced the winner of the 10th Annual Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Vocal Competition. This marks the first time a male vocalist won the contest.Hosted by NJPAC’s Jazz Advisor and multi-Grammy-winning bassist Christian McBride, “The SASSY Awards” featured performances by the competition’s five finalists as well as a special appearance by one of today’s top jazz vocalists, Dianne Reeves.
8) Paterson Music Project Launches New Music Program at John P. Holland Charter School - (PATERSON, NJ) -- The award-winning Paterson Music Project (PMP), a program of the Wharton Institute for the Performing Arts, has launched a new partnership with the John P. Holland Charter School to serve 230 students with specialized music instruction. Through this new music initiative, PMP teaching artists will provide general music classes to 172 students in grades 1 and 2 once a week during the school day and after school instruction in violin, cello, clarinet, and saxophone to 64 students in grades 3-8 three times a week.
9) Algonquin Arts Theatre Names Shayne Austin Miller As New Director of Marketing and Communications - (MANASQUAN, NJ) -- Algonquin Arts Theatre has hired New Jersey native Shayne Austin Miller to fill the Director of Marketing and Communications role replacing David Applegate who recently left the theatre for a new opportunity. Miller, a resident of Ocean Grove has more than 20 years of experience in marketing and public relations for New Jersey, not-for-profit arts organizations serving both Paper Mill Playhouse and the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC).
10) NJPAC presents Blippi The Musical - (NEWARK, NJ) -- New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) presents Blippi The Musical, the live show inspired by the global sensation Blippi who will have families rocking in their seats on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 6:00pm.
As you can see by this list, event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of advertising. It's the best deal around!