Summer Family Thursdays & Fridays
Friday, August 05, 2022 @ 10:00am
Newark Museum of Art - Main Building
49 Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102
Enjoy a day of fun activities for the whole family at The Newark Museum of Art.
Timeline of Activities
- 10am-5pm | MakerSPACE (Mezzanine Level, South Wing) An interactive area where kids of all ages play, tinker, and create.
- 1-4pm | Family Drop-In: (Court, Main Building) Join us for a fun summer of of science and art activities for kids 5+. See list of activities below.
- 2-2:35pm | Perfect Little Planet – Planetarium Show (Main Building) Duration: 35 minutes. For kids ages 5+.
- 3-3:35pm | Tales of Mayan Skies – Planetarium Show (Main Building) Duration: 35 minutes. For kids ages 12+.
Family Drop‑in Activities
- July 14 & 15 | Bring all the Jazz greats together in a photo collage using an easy photo transfer technique!
- July 21 & 22 | Make a travel-size wallet or bag with Tyvek and duct tape, and use it all summer long!
- July 28 & 29 | Design your very own mixed monochromatic media sculpture inspired by Louise Nevelson.
- August 4 & 5 | Party all summer with your own percussion instrument.
- August 11 & 12 | Let the sun be your paintbrush! Make sun prints with found objects. Feel free to bring your own little trinkets to design with.
- August 18 & 19 | Paint small landscapes inspired by the travelers in our Seeing America galleries.
- July 14 & 15 | Get your hands dirty as you dissect (sanitized) owl pellets*and learn about the predators, their prey, and the different bones you can find in animals’ bodies. * No owls are harmed in the collection of owl pellets. Potential Allergies: Owl pellets contain actual animal fur and bones
- July 21 & 22 | Learn about gravity and orbits as you experiment with a 3D representation of space called a gravity well.
- July 28 & 29 | Channel your inner Georgia O’Keeffe as you create take-home flowers utilizing the properties of chromatography to color your petals.
- August 4 & 5 | Join us for an inquiry exploration of surface tension and learn about how liquids react when dripped on the surface of a penny.
- August 11 & 12 | Join us as we sift through authentic fossil matrix, IDing different types, and even getting to bring home your own real fossil!
- August 18 & 19 | Is Oobleck a solid, a liquid? Experiment with the properties of a non-Newtonian substance after making your very own example of it.
Familiarize yourself with our visiting guidelines before you arrive at the Museum.
For information on how your event can be listed, click here
New Jersey Stage © 2023 by Wine Time Media, LLC | PO Box 140, Spring Lake, NJ 07762 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nobody covers the Arts throughout the Garden State like New Jersey Stage!
Images used on this site have been sent to us from publicists, artists, and PR firms.
If there is a problem with the rights to any image, please contact us and we will look into the matter.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Threads, and on our RSS feed