Bill McKim of Belmar won the 2023 Monmouth County Travel Guide photo contest with his photo of the Belmar fishing pier. His photo was on the cover of the 2023 County Travel Guide.
(FREEHOLD, NJ) -- The Monmouth County Board of County Commissioners is excited to announce the 2024 Monmouth County Travel Guide cover photo contest is accepting submissions now through October 15.
“After the success of our 2023 Monmouth County Travel Guide cover photo contest, we are excited to announce the return of the contest for the 2024 Guide,” said Commissioner Director Thomas A. Arnone, liaison to the Division of Tourism. “The 2024 Monmouth County Travel Guide will have tons of activities, resources and programs to make any trip to Monmouth County a great one We are inviting everyone to seek out and to shoot the perfect photo for the cover of next year’s guide.”
The inaugural Monmouth County Travel Guide photo contest in 2023 was won by Bill McKim of Belmar with his photo of the Belmar fishing pier.
The runners-up, Mark Canny of Locust, who submitted a photo of the Twin Lights Lighthouse in Highlands, and Connor Kane of Asbury Park, who submitted a photo of Convention Hall in Asbury Park, had photos published in the Travel Guide as well.
To Submit a Cover Contest Photo
* Photo orientation preference is vertical; the Division of Tourism is accepting horizontal images as well;
* Photo should not exceed 10 MB;
* Photo must be submitted as a JPG, JPEG or PNG format;
* Photo must not have any watermarks.
* Photo contest is open to all ages. Individuals under 18 will be contacted by the Tourism office for parental or guardian consent;
* Photos must be submitted via the website submission form and include all required contact information;
* Photos must be taken in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Finalists will be selected by the Monmouth County Tourism team. Finalist photos will then go to a public vote;
* The runners-up will receive placement inside the Travel Guide with photo credit;
* The contest will be open until October 15, 2023.