Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from May 28 to June 3, 2023. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 8 counties in New Jersey (Camden, Essex, Hudson, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Union).
1) Superbloom releases "Tiny Bodyguard" - Brooklyn, NY alternative rock band Superbloom has released "Tiny Bodyguard," the next single off its upcoming EP 'Life's A Blur,' which is scheduled to drop on June 8.
2) "Tremendous!" Richie Furay LIVE! at SOPAC - Excitement is in the air this Saturday, May 20, 2023 as music lovers stream into SOPAC in South Orange, NJ for an evening of music presented by Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Richie Furay. Known by many as the voice of country rock, in addition to his work as a solo artist, Furay is a founding member of three noteworthy music groups: Buffalo Springfield, Poco, and The Souther-Hillman-Furay Band.
3) "Fabulous!" Sounds of the '50s and '60s LIVE! at PNC Bank Arts Center - A crowd of over 7000 music lovers fills the PNC Bank Arts Center amphitheater this sunny Tuesday, May 23, 2023 afternoon for a Sounds of the ’50s and ’60s performance presented by the Garden State Arts Foundation. Starring The Brooklyn Bridge, The Skyliners, Kid Kyle, and Vinnie Medugno, today’s show is the third in a series of free afternoon concerts for New Jersey seniors held at the PNC Bank Arts Center.
4) NJ's Largest Color Walk & Festival of Colors with Dance & Music Attracts Thousands to Jersey City & Hoboken - (JERSEY CITY, NJ) -- Surati's HOLI HAI, the largest and longest-running Color Walk and Festival of Dance, Music and Colors celebrated its 15th year in Jersey City and Hoboken on Sunday, May 21st, the official culmination of the spring season. Hundreds of participants began their colorful journey at Pier A Park in Hoboken, where they participated in dance workshops and enjoyed performance workshops of Indian dance and African drums.
5) The Ritz Theatre Company Announces 2023-24 Season - (HADDON TOWNSHIP, NJ) -- The Ritz Theatre Company gets set to go big in the months ahead, officially announcing a bold, new season beginning in September that reinforces the organization’s ongoing commitment to “embracing diversity in our stories and those who share them.”
6) Chrisette Michele to headline Rhythm & Blues by the Brook on June 3rd - (PLAINFIELD, NJ) -- The Union County Board of County Commissioners would like to invite residents to kick off the summer season with Rhythm & Blues by the Brook, a full afternoon of free music and activities at Cedar Brook Park in Plainfield on Saturday, June 3, 2023 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm.
7) Howell PAL Theater Company to present "West Side Story" - (LAKEWOOD, NJ) -- The Howell PAL Theater Company presents their 2023 production, West Side Story, at the Strand Center for the Arts in Lakewood on Friday, June 30th and Saturday, July 1st. From the first notes to the final breath, West Side Story is one of the most memorable musicals and greatest love stories of all time. The book and score are written by Arthur Laurents, Stephen Sondheim, and Leonard Bernstein widely regarded as one of the best ever written, with original direction and choreography by the world-renowned Jerome Robbins.
8) Joshua Wann’s quirky film Falls Cry opens the 2023 New Jersey International Film Festival on Friday, June 2 - Here is my interview with Falls Cry Director Joshua Wann.
9) An Interview with "Stargazer" Director Alan McIntyre - Stargazer tells the story of one night in the life of Grace Campbell, a grad student burning with fury about the fate of Cecilia Payne, an astronomer who discovered the nature of the universe - and saw her genius stolen by men. For Grace, history threatens to repeat itself when she's forced to partner with a male journalist.
10) Excellent documentary Herd screens at the June 2023 New Jersey International Film Festival on Saturday, June 3! - Herd, a film directed by Michel Negroponte which is playing at the 2023 New Jersey International Film Festival, is an insightful and creative film that truly delves into the relationship humans have with animals, on both a physical and spiritual level. We are introduced to a herd of Belted Galloway cattle on a pasture in the Catskills, and we follow their journey from mating, protecting their young, to even simple grazing. We watch the cows graze and follow their cycle of life as we are shown polarizing image after another, asking us to truly question the role other intelligent and sentient life has on our own. The film asks many questions and presents many ideas about the seemingly simple but ultimately complicated relationship between humans and cows. Are they equally sentient? Finally, is the right path towards respect and admiration for these animals, or is it to command them as we see fit?
11) Psycho thriller feature Bibi screens at the June 2023 New Jersey International Film Festival on Saturday, June 3! - Premiering at the 2023 New Jersey International Film Festival, Bibi is a film by Christopher Beatty which uses many visual techniques such as color, symbolism and the mise-en-scène to communicate its dark and tragic story of loss, grief, and a chance at acceptance.
12) State Theatre presents A Live Conversation with John Cusack following Special Screening of "High Fidelity" - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- On Thursday, October 12, 2023, State Theatre New Jersey presents a screening of High Fidelity followed by a live conversation with John Cusack regarding his career and the making of his films. With four decades' worth of roles in over 70 films, the Hollywood icon has enjoyed a varied and diverse career. Fans will get the opportunity to experience a moderated discussion, with Cusack answering audience questions as well. The event begins at 7:30pm.
13) First Fridays In Downtown Trenton for 2023 - (TRENTON, NJ) -- First Fridays Downtown Trenton was launched seven years ago as a way to keep the capital district energized after business hours with a lively, block party-type happening. The event has grown into one of the most popular community-wide gatherings in Downtown Trenton.
14) Makin Waves Song of the Week: "Thriving" by Kiersten Blue - Asbury Park singer-songwriter Kiersten Blue’s latest single, “Thriving,” is the Makin Waves Song of the Week
15) West Windsor Arts Announces Three Summer Concerts - (PRINCETON JUNCTION, NJ) -- West Windsor Arts is marking the unofficial start of summer by officially announcing its 2023 lineup of free summer concerts. West Windsor Arts is once again presenting a summer music series that offers more than three great concerts.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar. Or you can have your events listed in the calendar for $10 per event.