Here's a look at the top 15 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage from December 25-31, 2022. Each week we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's top 15 includes articles from 7 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Cumberland, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Passaic).
1) "The Best Man: The Final Chapters," Filmed In Jersey, Premiered on Peacock on December 22 - (NEWARK, NJ) -- The latest installment of the popular and successful The Best Man franchise returned to New Jersey for the filming of its conclusion. The Best Man: The Final Chapters will bring viewers up-to-date on the lives of its endearing characters Lance (Morris Chestnut), Shelby (Melissa De Sousa), Harper (Taye Diggs), Candy (Regina Hall), Quentin (Terrence Howard), Robyn (Sanaa Lathan), Jordan (Nia Long), and Julian (Harold Perrineau). Relationships evolve and past grievances resurface in the unpredictable stages of midlife crisis meets midlife renaissance.
2) Giant Blueberry Drop On NYE In Blueberry Capital Of The World - (HAMMONTON, NJ) -- The sixth annual Hammonton New Year’s Eve Bash, Giant Blueberry Drop & Fireworks will be held on Saturday night, December 31st from 10:00pm to 12:30am in Downtown Hammonton. The free outdoor event will be held in the “Blueberry Capital of the World” - in front of Hammonton Town Hall, located at 100 Central Avenue. (Regardless of weather, the event will be held.)
3) Fun City Adventure Park to Become Newest Anchor at Union Lake Crossing Shopping Center in Millville - (MILLVILLE, NJ) /PRNewswire/ -- Irgang Group announced on December 15th that it has signed Fun City Adventure Park to a lease for a 36,500-square-foot anchor position at Union Lake Crossing, a 393,000-square-foot power center serving the greater Millville-Vineland market in southern New Jersey.
4) NJ PBS Announces New Kwanzaa Special, Karamu, Feast for the 7th Day - (FAIR HAVEN, NJ) -- NJ PBS announced that a new local Kwanzaa special, Karamu, Feast for the 7th Day, will premiere Wednesday, December 28 at 8:30pm on NJ PBS, with several encores including Thursday, December 29 at 10:30pm (check local listings). Stream it on the MyNJPBS.org website after the broadcast.
5) A Philly Special Christmas releases "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - (PHILADELPHIA, PA) -- A Philly Special Christmas has released “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” featuring performances from NFL Eagles’ Jason Kelce, Jordan Mailata and Lane Johnson produced by Charlie Hall (The War on Drugs) and executive producer Connor Barwin is out now. This is the first in a series of holiday classic singles to be released every Friday between now and the album’s official release on December 23rd via Vera Y Records. Recorded at Rittenhouse Soundworks, Silent Partners, and Elm St studio, proceeds from the LP will be donated to the Children’s Treatment Crisis Center in Philadelphia.
6) Paterson Performing Arts Development Council Welcomes Choreopoem Scholar And Author Monica Prince As Its Newest Playwright-In-Residence - (PATERSON, NJ) -- The Paterson Performing Arts Development Council (PPADC) announced that Monica Prince will be the organization’s 2023 Playwright In-Residence. Prince’s choreopoem Roadmap will be the centerstage featured play of PPADC’s Annual Hamilton Arts Festival (HAF). Now in its third season, the festival runs June 15–24, 2023 and features a series of events including theatrical productions and film screenings.
7) Makin Waves Top 10 2022 Jersey Indie Albums - The Makin Waves Top 10 Jersey Indie Albums of 2022 are by JT Bowen, The Vansaders, Sean Tobin, The Happy Fits, Lowlight, Williams Honor, Matt O’Ree Band, Katie Henry, Dave Vargo, and Renee Maskin.
8) 24th Annual Makin Waves Awards - For 24 of Makin Waves’ 32 years of existence, the Makin Waves Awards have honored the New Jersey independent acts who have released the best material and made the most waves with it. Here once again is my Christmas gift to the New Jersey music scene: the 24th annual Makin Waves Awards.
9) Makin Waves Top 10 Jersey Independent Songs of 2022 - The Makin Waves Top 10 Jersey Independent Songs of 2022 are by Alexander Simone & WHODAT? Live Crew, Bobby Mahoney and the Seventh Son, Sean Tobin (pictured with his band, the Boardwalk Fire), Eryn, Matt O’Ree Band, Anthony Krizan, JT Bowen, and The Vansaders.
10) A Philly Special Christmas Third Vinyl Pressing Available on December 16th - (PHILADELPHIA, PA) -- Due to an overwhelming demand, A Philly Special Christmas has announced that fans will be able to order a third pressing of the limited-edition vinyl on December 16th, for 24 hours only via the official website. Following the two minute sellout of the second batch of vinyl on December 9th, a third exclusive round on green vinyl will be available for purchase on December 16th at 9:00am EST via the official website. Proceeds from the third round of pressings will be donated to Philadelphia area charities in addition to the pledged $100k+ to Children’s Crisis Treatment Center of Philadelphia.
11) “Some Things Are Just Timeless!” Cousin Brucie’s Palisades Park Reunion Concert LIVE! at the PNC Bank Arts Center - Even though it’s a sweltering, muggy Thursday, August 26, 2021 evening, music lovers of all ages brave the heat at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ to attend Cousin Brucie’s Palisades Park Reunion Concert, a free event presented by the Garden State Arts Foundation. Featuring classic music from artists who entertained audiences at NJ’s Palisades Amusement Park back in the 1960s, tonight’s show — hosted by 77-WABC radio DJ Bruce “Cousin Brucie” Morrow — is slated to star such beloved performers as Tony Orlando, Bobby Rydell, and The Capris.
12) Makin Waves Song of the Week: "Evolution" by Alex Tea - Jersey City reggae veteran Alex Tea’s recent single “Evolution” is the Makin Waves Song of the Week.
13) Ocean County Library Toms River Branch to Feature Candid Corporate Ethics Talk by Jamie Fiore Higgins - (TOMS RIVER, NJ) -- The Ocean County Library hosts Jamie Fiore Higgins, who will discuss and sign copies of her book, Bully Market: My Story of Money and Misogyny at Goldman Sachs, on Saturday, January 21, 2023. Financial Times named Jamie one of its Top 25 Most Influential Women of 2022. In Bully Market, Jamie combines her sobering account of harassment and discrimination in corporate America with practical steps for improving workplace cultures and promoting an environment of inclusion and growth. The event begins at 2:00pm.
14) Crossroads Theatre presents "Chicken & Biscuits" - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- Crossroads Theatre presents Chicken & Biscuits, a comedy written by Douglas Lyons and directed by Lynda Gravátt. The hilarious play will celebrate its Opening Night on Wednesday, December 21st, for a limited engagement through Tuesday, December 31, 2022. Performances take place in the Arthur Laurents Theater inside the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center.
15) REVIEW: "The Sound of Music" at Paper Mill Playhouse - An enduring, Tony Award-winning classic, Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein III’s The Sound of Music is a ubiquitous, stalwart musical theatre crowd-pleaser given an enthralling new production at Paper Mill Playhouse.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar. Or you have your events listed in the calendar for $10 per event.