(OCEANPORT, NJ) -- Soul / pop singer, storyteller and band leader Remember Jones will perform a very special socially-distanced full band performance over Labor Day weekend on Sunday, September 6, 2020 as a part of The Basie presents: Concerts in the Garden at Blu Grotto, Monmouth Park. Presented by the Count Basie Performing Arts Center, UMTP Presents and OceanFirst Bank, the performance marks Remember Jones' first full band performance in the area since performing at the Light of Day Festival in January.
Remember Jones is a one-of-a-kind soul/pop singer, storyteller and bandleader with a throwback vibe and authentic energy. With high-energy show band staging and often supported by a large ensemble of musicians, his shows have played to countless packed and sold-out ballrooms, clubs and theaters throughout the country.
Remember Jones has shared stages with George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Ronnie Spector & The Ronettes, Darlene Love, Buster Poindexter, Nigel Hall, The Hip Abduction, Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, Rebirth Brass Band, Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes, and more. He has been a member of the acclaimed Everyone Orchestra alongside Robert Randolph and members of Ween, moe., Turkuaz, The Revivalists, and more. In the vein of putting a spin on others’ material, Remember Jones released Ain’t That a Kick in the Head?!, a single in celebration of Dean Martin’s 100th birthday, sharing studio time with Dean’s daughter, Deana Martin.
Their debut album, Ladies and Gentlemen, Remember Jones!, was created after raising close to $19,000 through nearly 300 small donations via IndieGoGo, and created in front of a live studio audience with a 25-piece band. The subsequent release, Tranquilizer!, was recorded at the Bomb Shelter in Nashville, TN, under the production of Andrija Tokic (Alabama Shakes, Hurray For the Riff Raff, Langhorne Slim). Remember Jones was named one of Paste Magazine and Daytrotter’s Top 10 R&B/Soul Artists of 2017 and is Monmouth Arts Council’s 2020 recipient of their Artistic Achievement Award.
In addition to touring nationally and supporting two albums worth of original material, and starring in theatrical productions from rock musicals to dramatic plays, Remember Jones presents and fronts multiple productions which have also gained wide popularity. back to BACK TO BLACK, a recreation of the entire Amy Winehouse album with an orchestra of 12, YAS QUEEN!, a theatrical concept dedicated to Freddie Mercury and the music of Queen, and a revival of Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs and Englishmen with a 20-piece band have helped Remember Jones develop a diverse audience throughout the country. He has performed Jeff Buckley's Grace album in its entirety as a collaboration with Grammy-nominated guitarist and Grace co-writer Gary Lucas, a concept staging of the entire rock opera TOMMY by The Who, a 50th Anniversary concert experience of the musical HAIR, and a live revival of Kanye West’s 808s and Heartbreak with a 25-piece orchestra.
Whether you see him fronting a piano, a four-piece band, or with a soul orchestra of 25, Remember Jones evokes the energy of the great front men and women, with one of a kind song styling and expert storytelling that keep audiences on their toes and emotions in the moment.
ABOUT THE CONCERTS IN THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE AT BLU GROTTO:
- Tables will be positioned 6’ apart, with the front row of tables 12’ from the performers.
- Tickets will be sold in “Table For Two,” “Table For Four” and “Table For Six” configurations only.
- Tickets include a dining reservation, with service and seating beginning two hours prior to showtime. Dinner and drinks are sold separately.
- $20 minimum food / beverage spend required. Menus for Concerts In The Garden events can be found here.
- Patrons must wear masks while entering the venue or leaving their table to use the restroom.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door by a Monmouth Park EMT. Patrons with a body temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter. A refund will be issued.
- Fans must remain seated at their purchased table.
- Dancing will not be permitted.
- Lawn chairs, blankets, pets, food or beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes or any other vaping devices.
- Venue security will enforce ground rules, which will follow current CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines for outdoor events and dining.
- In the event of inclement weather, an alternate date will be announced.
- Free, onsite parking is available.