Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of December 19-25, 2021. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's Top 10 includes articles involving 7 counties in New Jersey (Bergen, Essex, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, and Passaic).
1) Middlesex County announces plans to acquire 18.7 acres of open space located in Metuchen - (METUCHEN, NJ) -- Middlesex County has announced its intention to acquire 18.7 acres of land in Metuchen to later become part of the Peter J. Barnes III Wildlife Preserve. In addition to the 18.7 acres being acquired from the Metuchen Realty Association, the County will enter into a conservation management agreement with the Borough of Metuchen to manage an additional 12 acres of open space located adjacent to the newly purchased land which will provide the opportunity for possible future acquisitions.
2) Newark Social Launches ‘Newark Winter Village’ Event, Offering Shopping and Ice Skating Downtown - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Newark Social has turned downtown Newark’s Mulberry Commons, and the nearby Ironside Building, into winter wonderlands for their Newark Winter Village event. The event kicked off on December 1 and runs through January 31, featuring an ice skating rink, a shopping marketplace, and a variety of games and activities. This will be the first time Newark residents will be able to enjoy public outdoor ice skating in their city.
3) "A Case Of Blue" - A Very NJ/NY Film Is Available Now - A Case of Blue, a feature film starring Stephen Schnetzer (Another World, Homeland, ATWT, Days, OLTL ) and Annapurna Sriram (Billions, Feral) was released for renting and purchasing on most streaming platforms on October 19, 2021. The film which asks "is it possible to relive a long-lost romance?" has a heavy New Jersey / New York presence and was filmed mostly in Ridgewood using many local actors.
4) Princeton Boychoir featured in Christmas concert with Michael Bublé on NBC - (PRINCETON, NJ) -- Members of Princeton Boychoir, currently celebrating their 5th Anniversary Season, were honored to appear with Michael Bublé in his recent NBC special, Christmas in the City, which aired on Monday, December 6. Ranging in age from 9 to 13 years old, this talented group of boys joined the famed Canadian singer, often referred to as the modern “King of Christmas” for his concert finale, a rendition of the classic carol Silent Night.
5) Steven Spielberg's "West Side Story" Uses New Jersey As Its Backdrop - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Steven Spielberg's reimagining of the legendary "West Side Story" was filmed on location on the streets of Paterson and Newark. The film, already garnering positive reviews from critics, marks Spielberg's musical debut and his third time filming in New Jersey.
6) Rutgers-Newark Expands Scholarship Program for New Jersey Students - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Rutgers University – Newark is significantly expanding a scholarship program that already has helped thousands of New Jersey students achieve their dream of going to college. Since 2016, Rutgers University – Newark Talent & Opportunity Pathways (RU-N to the TOP) has made scholarships available to nearly 5,000 students to cover the difference between other aid they receive and the full cost of in-state tuition and mandatory fees. Effective fall 2022, RU-N to the TOP will significantly expand eligibility to make many more dreams come true.
7) New Jersey Ballet’s Nutcracker is a Rich, Luscious Delight, Mouse King and All - Saturday started out to be a perfectly dreadful day for me. I got little sleep the night before because I drank too much coffee. My morning bagel was harder than a cement wall. I had to wring my brain inside out at a meeting with an insurance agent in an attempt to understand my new, incredibly complicated Medicare plan. I had to speed to the post office and wait on a long line to mail documents that had to get where they were going by the end of next week. It rained all day and it was hard to drive because the car had to wander through a soupy fog that belonged in a chilly horror movie. I ran out of orange juice. The car radio did not work.
8) Nai-Ni Chen Passed Away On December 12th in Honolulu - (FORT LEE, NJ) -- "The members of the Board of the Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company are devastated by the loss of our dear friend Nai-Ni Chen, who died in a swimming accident while on vacation with her family in Hawaii on Sunday (December 12, 2021). Her innovative work as a choreographer and dancer is deeply rooted in her Asian-American immigrant experience and strongly impacted the mainstream American dance scene. Our hearts go out to her family and we are committed to preserving her legacy," said Board Chair Theresa A. Shubeck.
9) 23rd Annual Makin Waves Awards - Makin Waves’ annual holiday gift to the New Jersey music scene returns with a fresh batch of awards for the 23rd time throughout its 33-year history. This year’s big winners are veteran Jersey Shore singer-songwriter Tom Kanach with three and Montclair-based Jewish bluegrass band Nefesh Mountain, Asbury Park jam band Dogs in a Pile, and North Jersey hard rock act Reality Suite each with two.
10) Inside Light of Day Winterfest 2022 - (ASBURY PARK, NJ) -- The Light of Day Foundation presents WinterFest 2022, the annual music festival taking place January 7-17 in Asbury Park, Red Bank, Montclair, New York City and Rockland County. All performances and events will raise money and awareness for its continuing battle to defeat Parkinson’s disease and its related illnesses ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) and PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy) within our lifetime
As you can see by this list, event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of advertising. It's the best deal around!.