Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of September 5-11, 2021. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's Top 10 includes articles involving 6 different counties in New Jersey (Bergen, Essex, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean). There was no doubt about the most read story this week...
1) Debonair Music Hall Presents "Ricky Nelson Remembered" Starring Matthew & Gunnar Nelson - (TEANECK, NJ) -- The Debonair Music Hall presents "Ricky Nelson Remembered" on Friday, October 8th at 7:30pm. This is a unique multi media entertainment event featuring the live music of Ricky Nelson's hit songs (including "Hello Mary Lou", "Travelin' Man", "Garden Party") performed by Ricky's own twin sons Matthew & Gunnar and includes never before seen big screen video footage of the NELSON family with interviews from celebrities influenced by Ricky Nelson. The show appeals to a wide audience and multiple generations and celebrates the life of America's original 'Teen Idol'.
2) Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District Announces ACTIVATE THE COAST series of events - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District (LPCCD) has announced ACTIVATE THE COAST, a series of outdoor happenings centered around the City of Newark’s historic Lincoln Park that will bring Newarkers and day trippers “Back Together Again” around music, dance, food, culture, small business vendors and wellness in a safe and socially distant environment. The series of events are powered by the City of Newark, its Back Together Again initiative and the Newark City Parks Foundation.
3) “Some Things Are Just Timeless!” Cousin Brucie’s Palisades Park Reunion Concert LIVE! at the PNC Bank Arts Center by Spotlight Central - Even though it’s a sweltering, muggy Thursday, August 26, 2021 evening, music lovers of all ages brave the heat at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ to attend Cousin Brucie’s Palisades Park Reunion Concert, a free event presented by the Garden State Arts Foundation. Featuring classic music from artists who entertained audiences at NJ’s Palisades Amusement Park back in the 1960s, tonight’s show — hosted by 77-WABC radio DJ Bruce “Cousin Brucie” Morrow — is slated to star such beloved performers as Tony Orlando, Bobby Rydell, and The Capris.
4) Monmouth County Commissioners to hold 9/11 Memorial Ceremony to mark 20th Anniversary - (FREEHOLD, NJ) -- The Monmouth County Board of County Commissioners will hold the Monmouth County Sept.11 Memorial Ceremony for a time of reflection and remembrance at Mount Mitchill Scenic Overlook at 460 Ocean Boulevard, Atlantic Highlands, NJ on Saturday, September 11 at 8:00am. In addition, the monument will be open for extended evening hours until 11:00pm on September 10, 11 & 12.
5) The Howell PAL Theater Company Presents "Annie" at The Strand - (LAKEWOOD, NJ) — The Howell PAL Theater Company will return to ‘LIVE’ theater with the Broadway musical Annie, on stage September 10th and 11th at The Historic Strand Theater in Lakewood, New Jersey for three performances. Set in 1930s in New York City, Annie is the story of a gutsy, red-headed orphan determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago and left her on the doorstep of a New York City orphanage that is run by the cruel, Miss Hannigan.
6) Almost Queen by Gary Wien - “The name of the band is a tip of the hat to them,” explained Joseph Russo who portrays the legendary Freddie Mercury in the popular tribute band Almost Queen. “I mean, nobody could ever be Queen. We can almost get there, but nobody can get there.”
7) New Jersey Stage: Daily Edition 09-03-21 - Our daily update for the day included stories on "Million Dollar Quartet" coming to State Theatre; 9 singer-songwriters to look for at SOPAC this Fall; the weekly column by Danny Coleman; Flemington DIY presents Jazz on the Lawn music series; Hawthorne Heights to perform at Starland Ballroom; Moot Davis to perform in Hamilton; Haley Simone's "Motion" on display at Red Tank Brewing Company; RVCC to offer online encrichment course for kids, teens, this fall; and New Jersey Stage hits audience milestone, releases new media kits.
8) Grounds For Sculpture is Back with a 60-Year Retrospective of One of its Original Artists by Ilene Dube - Back in the day – the “before times” – while meandering through the nooks and crannies, portals and mounds, at Grounds For Sculpture, I’d fear a future in which a natural disaster might befall this utopian garden of contemporary art, allowing it to fall into ruins: a possible disease that would confine people to their homes? A loss of revenue? The death of a founder?
9) Broadway Theatre of Pitman Presents "Rent" - (PITMAN, NJ) -- The Broadway Theatre of Pitman presents Rent from October 15-24. Set in the East Village of New York City, Rent is about falling in love, finding your voice and living for today. Winner of the Tony Award for Best Musical and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, Rent has become a pop cultural phenomenon. with songs that rock and a story that resonates with audiences of all ages.
10) Twenty Years Later: "My 9/11" Film Depicts Humanity of the Day - David Vanadia woke to a voice screaming into his answering machine. “Please pick up! If you’re there, please pick up!” He answered the phone, and was told a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.
As you can see by this list, event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which start at just $50 for an entire month.