Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of September 12-18, 2021. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's Top 10 was dominated by Essex County with four articles, but also includes articles involving 3 additional counties in New Jersey (Cape May, Hudson, Passaic) plus New York City.
1) Queen Latifah Among Those At "The Soul of Lincoln Park" - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Award winning singer-songwriter, rapper, actress, and producer Dana “Queen Latifah” Owens “popped up” at Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District’s (LPCCD) “The Soul of Lincoln Park” the weekend of September 11-12, dancing on stage paying homage to Newark’s deep roots in House Music while celebrating the City of Newark getting #BackTogetherAgain safely! Hosts Tobias Truvillion (Actor, Equal Standard; Tyler Perry’s Sistas; BET’s First Wives Club) and Alex Hill (News Anchor, WBGO) inserted messages of mask safety and COVID testing as did Mayor Ras J. Baraka, who stressed the importance of vaccinations and appreciating friends, family and loved ones every day.
2) Passaic County BBQ Festival Set for September 25th - (CLIFTON, NJ) -- On Saturday, September 25th, the County of Passaic, Friends of Passaic County Parks, Inc, and MegaBite Events are hosting a BBQ-themed Food Truck Festival from 11:00am to 7:00pm at Weasel Brook Park in Clifton, New Jersey.
3) Bruce Springsteen To Interview Stevie Van Zandt In Online Event September 28 - On Tuesday, September 28 at 8:00pm ET, in a Premiere Unison Event, for the first time ever, Bruce Springsteen will be interviewing his longtime friend and bandmate Stevie Van Zandt in celebration of his new book, Unrequited Infatuations. Fans will have the opportunity to submit questions and copies of the book will be signed by Stevie.
4) Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District Announces ACTIVATE THE COAST series of events - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District (LPCCD) has announced ACTIVATE THE COAST, a series of outdoor happenings centered around the City of Newark’s historic Lincoln Park that will bring Newarkers and day trippers “Back Together Again” around music, dance, food, culture, small business vendors and wellness in a safe and socially distant environment. The series of events are powered by the City of Newark, its Back Together Again initiative and the Newark City Parks Foundation.
5) The GRAMMY Museum Experience (TM) Prudential Center Presents Bruce Springsteen Live! - (NEWARK, NJ) -- The GRAMMY Museum Experience (TM) Prudential Center in partnership with the GRAMMY Museum(R) and Bruce Springsteen Archives and Center for American Music at Monmouth University have announced a new traveling exhibit, Bruce Springsteen Live!. The exhibit runs from Friday, October 1 through Sunday, March 20, 2022 and then travels to the GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles, CA in Fall 2022.
6) Patti Smith To Perform Free Show In Central Park On Sunday - (NEW YORK, NY) -- On Sunday, September 19, NYC icon Patti Smith And Her Band will perform for free in Central Park at 7:00pm as part of the Capital One City Parks Foundation SummerStage series. Doors are at 5:00pm. SummerStage now requires proof of full vaccination for all guests, with masks required upon entry and encouraged for the duration of the performance.
7) Dion To Release "Stomping Ground" On November 5th - Dion is following up his critically acclaimed and commercially successful 2020 album release Blues With Friends with Stomping Ground, a new album that finds him collaborating yet again with music greats with whom he shares mutual admiration. Set for release November 5, Stomping Ground was produced by Wayne Hood with Dion and will be released through Joe Bonamassa and Roy Weisman’s KTBA Records. The album will be available digitally as well as on CD and as a two LP set.
8) Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith Bring Iconic Christmas Tour To NJPAC - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Metropolitan Entertainment and NJPAC will welcome multi-platinum GRAMMY(R) winners Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith to the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark on Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 7:30pm.
9) Jersey City Jazz Festival Takes Place September 25th - (JERSEY CITY, NJ) -- The Jersey City Jazz Festival returns on Saturday, September 25, 2021 in the heart of Jersey City's Powerhouse Arts District. This year's festival includes eight incredible bands, food trucks, libations, VIP experience, and more.
10) Cape May's Harvest Brew Fest Takes Place September 18th - (CAPE MAY, NJ) -- Harvest Brew Fest takes place on Saturday, September 18 at the Emlen Physick Estate in Cape May. Enjoy craft beers and more during this all-day festival that features all things local: local food vendors, local artisans, local craft beers and local musical talent. This event is free to attend with varying costs for food, beer, and crafts vendors. Entertainment includes performances by Corndog Blues, James Supra + Sarah Ayers Band, and Bluebone. The event runs from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
As you can see by this list, event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which start at just $50 for an entire month.