Here's a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week November 21-27, 2021. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week's Top 10 includes articles involving 5 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Cumberland, Essex, Middlesex, and Monmouth) and New York City. The most read article, for the third straight week, was a story about the film "A Case in Blue".
1) "A Case Of Blue" - A Very NJ/NY Film Is Available Now - A Case of Blue, a feature film starring Stephen Schnetzer (Another World, Homeland, ATWT, Days, OLTL ) and Annapurna Sriram (Billions, Feral) was released for renting and purchasing on most streaming platforms on October 19, 2021. The film which asks "is it possible to relive a long-lost romance?" has a heavy New Jersey / New York presence and was filmed mostly in Ridgewood using many local actors
2) Halle Berry's Directorial Debut "Bruised" was shot in New Jersey - (NEWARK, NJ) -- Atlantic City is prominently featured in the highly-anticipated sports drama Bruised, set to air on Netflix on November 24. The movie stars Oscar-winner Halle Berry and marks her directorial debut. It is a story about a former mixed-martial arts fighter struggling to regain custody of her son and rekindle her athletic career. Bruised was written by Michelle Rosenfarb, and produced by Basil Iwanyk, Brad Feinstein, Guymon Casady, Linda Gottlieb, Erica Lee, Gillian G. Hormel, Paris Kassidokosta-Latsis and Terry Douglas.
3) Downtown Vineland Hosts An Olde Fashioned Christmas On The Ave - (VINELAND, NJ) -- Come one, come all to An Olde Fashioned Christmas on The Ave—downtown Vineland’s three-day Yuletide extravaganza of holiday cheer, to take place Friday, December 3 through Sunday, December 5 on Landis Avenue—from the 500 block to East Avenue. Turn the clock back to Christmas days of yesteryear—a weekend loaded with activities and opportunities to come to The Ave to enjoy great times and do holiday shopping. Enjoy live music, holiday movies, Yuletide characters and décor, food, stories, carriage rides, fun with Santa Claus, fun and fellowship, and lots more—just like olden times, when the atmosphere seemed to be warmer and more inviting.
4) Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes Returns After Being Cancelled in 2020 Due to the Pandemic - (NEW YORK, NY) -- The 2021 Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes, presented by Chase, is back this holiday season with performances at Radio City Music Hall now through January 2, 2022. The Christmas Spectacular – seen by more than 69 million people since it debuted in 1933 – is a one-of-a-kind tradition where the magic of Christmas in New York comes alive. The beloved show returns following a 2020 absence due to the pandemic, which marked the first time in 87 years the production was canceled.
5) Prudential Center Hosts Powerhouse On November 21st - (NEWARK, NJ) -- iHeartMedia’s Power 105.1, Home of The Breakfast Club and Angie Martinez, New York's Hip Hop and R&B, presents its annual live music event, Powerhouse, on Sunday, November 21 at 6:30pm EST, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Power 105.1’s on-air personalities, DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha God of “The Breakfast Club,” officially announced the all-star performers on-air for Powerhouse which will include Migos, Moneybagg Yo, Polo G, Saweetie, Capella Grey, SpinKing and Friends, with more to be announced.
6) Robby Steinhardt's Solo Album "Not in Kansas Anymore" Is Released - You know Robby Steinhardt as the legendary violinist, vocalist and frontman for the band KANSAS, recording 9 albums which reached gold, platinum and double platinum status, and is now making another mark on the world with his first and only solo album. Robby Steinhardt and Solar Studios have released Robby's first and only solo recording, Not in Kansas Anymore.
7) Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band's Never-Released "The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts" Is Finally Available - "The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts," a Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band film featuring never-before released footage of the band's explosive performances at the Madison Square Garden MUSE benefit shows, is available for the first time via Sony Music Entertainment’s Premium Content Division in partnership with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
8) South Asian Theater Festival To Take Place December 11-12 - (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) -- Epic Actors’ Workshop, will present the 15th South Asian Theater Festival December 11-12 at the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center. The two-day festival will explore the artistry and diversity of South Asia through theater, music, dance works and spoken word examining South Asian social and cultural issues and traditions at home and around the world, and features theater participants from India, Bangladesh, California, and New Jersey.
9) Ali Wong to film Netflix comedy special at Count Basie Center On November 21st - (RED BANK, NJ) -- Comedian Ali Wong's Milk & Money Tour stops at the Count Basie Center’s Hackensack Meridian Health Theatre on Sunday, November 21 at 5:00pm and 8:00pm. The shows will be filmed for an upcoming Netflix comedy special. Tickets, priced from $49.50 are on sale through theBASIE.org, the Basie Center box office and Ticketmaster.
10) Journey Announces Freedom Tour with stops in Philly and Newark - (NEWARK, NJ) -- The legendary classic rock band Journey has announced their Freedom Tour 2022, featuring very special guests Billy Idol on the first leg of the tour and Toto on the second. The band comes to the area with shows at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on Wednesday, February 23 and Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on Sunday, February 27, 2022.
As you can see by this list, event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first publish them and then get noticed again when they are brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place - sometimes even several months later. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com - for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which run $50-$100 for an entire month of advertising. It's the best deal around!